A new law designed to give young people in kinship foster care a more permanent home won’t force them to sever ties with their parents, but it’s not clear how New York will pay its share of the program, called “subsidized guardianship,” due to begin April 1. The Federal government will cover 50 percent of [...]
If Governor Cuomo gets his way, New York State’s juvenile corrections facilities will lose one third of their capacity over the coming year. The governor’s executive budget, which he presented to lawmakers earlier today, predicts the state can save $22 million per year by downsizing and closing juvenile jails, cutting 376 of the current total [...]
Follow @ChildWelfareNYC on Twitter
RECENT CWW REPORTS
Brushes with the law:
Young New Yorkers and the Criminal Justice System.
One Step Back:
The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships.
A Better Future for Youth Leaving Foster Care.
A Need for Correction:
Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System.
- For Years, Half of all NYPD Trespass Stops Were in Public Housing October 25, 2012
- Child Welfare in the Storm: What Happens to Vulnerable Families after a Disaster? November 14, 2012
- Case Closed: Thousands More Teens Are Now Diverted From Juvenile Court December 10, 2012
- A Need for Correction: Reforming New York’s Juvenile Justice System October 20, 2009
- One Step Back: The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships January 10, 2012
- Budget Cuts Proposed for Afterschool and Childcare Programs… Again March 7, 2013
- Would Prison Closures Prevent Children’s Visits with Their Moms? February 8, 2013
- Budget Cuts Could Put New Burdens on Family Court January 31, 2013
- The Correctional Association’s Critique of Juvenile Justice Oversight Plan January 25, 2013
- Oversight for New Juvenile Justice Homes January 16, 2013
- Randal Neuser: Along with the whole thing which seems to be build...
- go to this site: Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish t...
- John: Colleagues, I need to identify the study referr...
- at Yahoo: Very interesting points you have noted , regard...
- additional resources: Perfectly pent content material , appreciate ...