Over the past two years, the north shore community of Staten Island had more children placed in foster care than any other community district in New York City, according to a Child Welfare Watch analysis of Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) data. In 2010, the neighborhoods of St. George and Stapleton, near the Staten Island [...]
Child Welfare Watch Report Vol. 21, Winter 2011/2012 (PDF) Nearly five years ago, New York City’s Administration for Children’s Services launched a plan to create a culture of community participation and transparency in the child welfare system, which is responsible for protecting children and assisting families in crisis. Its Community Partnership Initiative sought to establish [...]
Child Welfare Watch Vol. 16, Summer 2008 (PDF) The Center for New York City Affairs at The New School and the Center for an Urban Future today issued a joint report on child welfare documenting the city’s increased reliance on foster families to care for children with emotional and mental health issues. Child Welfare Watch, [...]
Follow @ChildWelfareNYC on Twitter
RECENT CWW REPORTS
Brushes with the law:
Young New Yorkers and the Criminal Justice System.
One Step Back:
The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships.
A Better Future for Youth Leaving Foster Care.
A Need for Correction:
Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System.
- For Years, Half of all NYPD Trespass Stops Were in Public Housing October 25, 2012
- Child Welfare in the Storm: What Happens to Vulnerable Families after a Disaster? November 14, 2012
- Case Closed: Thousands More Teens Are Now Diverted From Juvenile Court December 10, 2012
- A Need for Correction: Reforming New York’s Juvenile Justice System October 20, 2009
- One Step Back: The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships January 10, 2012
- Budget Cuts Proposed for Afterschool and Childcare Programs… Again March 7, 2013
- Would Prison Closures Prevent Children’s Visits with Their Moms? February 8, 2013
- Budget Cuts Could Put New Burdens on Family Court January 31, 2013
- The Correctional Association’s Critique of Juvenile Justice Oversight Plan January 25, 2013
- Oversight for New Juvenile Justice Homes January 16, 2013
- Randal Neuser: Along with the whole thing which seems to be build...
- go to this site: Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish t...
- John: Colleagues, I need to identify the study referr...
- at Yahoo: Very interesting points you have noted , regard...
- additional resources: Perfectly pent content material , appreciate ...