Over the past two years, the north shore community of Staten Island had more children placed in foster care than any other community district in New York City, according to a Child Welfare Watch analysis of Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) data. In 2010, the neighborhoods of St. George and Stapleton, near the Staten Island [...]
It’s been more than a year since Mayor Bloomberg announced that he wanted to pull New York City kids out of state-run juvenile justice facilities, sending them instead to a new system of programs and lockups controlled by the city. Until recently, details of the city’s plan have been scarce: What would the city’s system [...]
Child Welfare Watch, Vol. 15, Winter 2007/2008 (PDF) New York City is charging a growing number of families with abuse and neglect, leaving Family Court overwhelmed and more children spending longer periods in foster care. This edition of Child Welfare Watch reports on the difficulties of moving children out of foster care in a timely [...]
Child Welfare Watch, Vol. 12, Winter 2005/2006 (PDF) The Winter 2005/2006 edition of Child Welfare Watch reports on the city’s Family Court, the beginnings of reform, and the chaotic upsurge in cases following the Nixzmary Brown murder. Even before the rapid increase in abuse and neglect cases filed in Family Court since mid-January, the city’s [...]
Follow @ChildWelfareNYC on Twitter
RECENT CWW REPORTS
Brushes with the law:
Young New Yorkers and the Criminal Justice System.
One Step Back:
The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships.
A Better Future for Youth Leaving Foster Care.
A Need for Correction:
Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System.
- Case Closed: Thousands More Teens Are Now Diverted From Juvenile Court December 10, 2012
- Child Welfare in the Storm: What Happens to Vulnerable Families after a Disaster? November 14, 2012
- A Need for Correction: Reforming New York’s Juvenile Justice System October 20, 2009
- For Years, Half of all NYPD Trespass Stops Were in Public Housing October 25, 2012
- Preparing New Group Homes for Young Lawbreakers June 1, 2012
- Budget Cuts Proposed for Afterschool and Childcare Programs… Again March 7, 2013
- Would Prison Closures Prevent Children’s Visits with Their Moms? February 8, 2013
- Budget Cuts Could Put New Burdens on Family Court January 31, 2013
- The Correctional Association’s Critique of Juvenile Justice Oversight Plan January 25, 2013
- Oversight for New Juvenile Justice Homes January 16, 2013
- John: Colleagues, I need to identify the study referr...
- at Yahoo: Very interesting points you have noted , regard...
- additional resources: Perfectly pent content material , appreciate ...
- Kathy: Now, let's get the boilerplate warning out of the...
- replica louis vuitton wallet: Hello, your articles here Child Welfare in the Sto...