Child Welfare Watch Vol. 14, Summer 2007 (PDF) New York City’s family support system is at a critical juncture. The city has increased its investment by more than $70 million per year in preventive family support services since 2005. But those investments have coincided with a surge in abuse and neglect reports and a 53 [...]
Child Welfare Watch Vol. 10, Winter 2004/2005 (PDF) This report documents contradictions that have emerged as the city reduces the size of its foster care system, but struggles to boost investments in the alternative, preventive family support services that help keep families stable and together. The authors explain the changes overtaking the nonprofit foster care [...]
Follow @ChildWelfareNYC on Twitter
RECENT CWW REPORTS
Brushes with the law:
Young New Yorkers and the Criminal Justice System.
One Step Back:
The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships.
A Better Future for Youth Leaving Foster Care.
A Need for Correction:
Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System.
- For Years, Half of all NYPD Trespass Stops Were in Public Housing October 25, 2012
- Child Welfare in the Storm: What Happens to Vulnerable Families after a Disaster? November 14, 2012
- Case Closed: Thousands More Teens Are Now Diverted From Juvenile Court December 10, 2012
- A Need for Correction: Reforming New York’s Juvenile Justice System October 20, 2009
- One Step Back: The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships January 10, 2012
- Budget Cuts Proposed for Afterschool and Childcare Programs… Again March 7, 2013
- Would Prison Closures Prevent Children’s Visits with Their Moms? February 8, 2013
- Budget Cuts Could Put New Burdens on Family Court January 31, 2013
- The Correctional Association’s Critique of Juvenile Justice Oversight Plan January 25, 2013
- Oversight for New Juvenile Justice Homes January 16, 2013
- Randal Neuser: Along with the whole thing which seems to be build...
- go to this site: Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish t...
- John: Colleagues, I need to identify the study referr...
- at Yahoo: Very interesting points you have noted , regard...
- additional resources: Perfectly pent content material , appreciate ...