A city program that pays for childcare and Head Start services for low-income children is about to be redesigned in a way that may result in higher quality services , but for far fewer children. In 2011, total enrollment in city-subsidized childcare programs was about 117,000. Through the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), the city [...]
The idea of reinvesting savings from one part of the child welfare system into another sounded perfectly logical when it was first proposed in a city strategy paper in 2001, especially to anyone unfamiliar with the vagaries of government social services funding. More than a decade ago, before Michael Bloomberg became mayor, New York City [...]
Follow @ChildWelfareNYC on Twitter
RECENT CWW REPORTS
Brushes with the law:
Young New Yorkers and the Criminal Justice System.
One Step Back:
The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships.
A Better Future for Youth Leaving Foster Care.
A Need for Correction:
Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System.
- For Years, Half of all NYPD Trespass Stops Were in Public Housing October 25, 2012
- Child Welfare in the Storm: What Happens to Vulnerable Families after a Disaster? November 14, 2012
- Case Closed: Thousands More Teens Are Now Diverted From Juvenile Court December 10, 2012
- A Need for Correction: Reforming New York’s Juvenile Justice System October 20, 2009
- One Step Back: The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships January 10, 2012
- Budget Cuts Proposed for Afterschool and Childcare Programs… Again March 7, 2013
- Would Prison Closures Prevent Children’s Visits with Their Moms? February 8, 2013
- Budget Cuts Could Put New Burdens on Family Court January 31, 2013
- The Correctional Association’s Critique of Juvenile Justice Oversight Plan January 25, 2013
- Oversight for New Juvenile Justice Homes January 16, 2013
- Randal Neuser: Along with the whole thing which seems to be build...
- go to this site: Usually I don't learn post on blogs, but I wish t...
- John: Colleagues, I need to identify the study referr...
- at Yahoo: Very interesting points you have noted , regard...
- additional resources: Perfectly pent content material , appreciate ...