People in New York City public housing are subject to more than double their share of police stops, according to government data recently filed in a class action lawsuit over police practices in public housing. Tenants of the New York City Housing Authority make up about five percent of the city’s population. In each of [...]
It’s been more than a year since Mayor Bloomberg announced that he wanted to pull New York City kids out of state-run juvenile justice facilities, sending them instead to a new system of programs and lockups controlled by the city. Until recently, details of the city’s plan have been scarce: What would the city’s system [...]
Amid the flood of analysis that followed the NYPD’s release of data on its use of “stop, question and frisk” policing tactics, researchers recently released a survey showing widespread mistrust of police among 1,100 New Yorkers between the ages of 14 and 21. The survey was conducted by the Polling for Justice project at the [...]
Follow @ChildWelfareNYC on Twitter
RECENT CWW REPORTS
Brushes with the law:
Young New Yorkers and the Criminal Justice System.
One Step Back:
The Delayed Dream of Community Partnerships.
A Better Future for Youth Leaving Foster Care.
A Need for Correction:
Reforming New York's Juvenile Justice System.
- Case Closed: Thousands More Teens Are Now Diverted From Juvenile Court December 10, 2012
- Child Welfare in the Storm: What Happens to Vulnerable Families after a Disaster? November 14, 2012
- A Need for Correction: Reforming New York’s Juvenile Justice System October 20, 2009
- For Years, Half of all NYPD Trespass Stops Were in Public Housing October 25, 2012
- Preparing New Group Homes for Young Lawbreakers June 1, 2012
- Budget Cuts Proposed for Afterschool and Childcare Programs… Again March 7, 2013
- Would Prison Closures Prevent Children’s Visits with Their Moms? February 8, 2013
- Budget Cuts Could Put New Burdens on Family Court January 31, 2013
- The Correctional Association’s Critique of Juvenile Justice Oversight Plan January 25, 2013
- Oversight for New Juvenile Justice Homes January 16, 2013
- John: Colleagues, I need to identify the study referr...
- at Yahoo: Very interesting points you have noted , regard...
- additional resources: Perfectly pent content material , appreciate ...
- Kathy: Now, let's get the boilerplate warning out of the...
- replica louis vuitton wallet: Hello, your articles here Child Welfare in the Sto...