How are issues of race, gender, sexual orientation and ability discussed and experienced at The New School? The Office of Social Justice Initiatives wants to hear your suggestions on ways to promote an inclusive environment across campus. Join a focus group from February 27 through March 2 to discuss the university’s social justice climate. These groups are a part of a larger project to ensure that the university incorporates appropriate policy and practices intended to ensure an equitable and just community.
For this research project, the initiative is looking for people willing to talk about the following areas:
- Glass Ceilings
- Trans and Homophobia
- Pedagogy and Curriculum: What’s being taught and what’s not? How?
- Service-scape: Physical and social space
- Economics: Students, faculty, and staff
- What at the University has made you feel empowered or disempowered?
- What is your level of connection to and knowledge of the change process at the University? Where do you find solutions?
Please email Sydney Kopp-Richardson, the coordinator of operations and student engagement for social justice initiatives, with any questions or thoughts, as well as how you would like to participate in the research process: email@example.com.
*The university-wide Campus Climate Assessment has been arranged by President David E. Van Zandt, Provost Tim Marshall, and the Office of Social Justice Initiatives.