Digital Communications Officer
The Digital Communications Officer (DCO) uses data, testing, and research to develop and implement strategies to reach new constituencies and deepen engagement with IPPF/WHR’s online communities with the aim of raising the visibility of IPPF/WHR, key staff, and global sexual and reproductive health and rights. The Officer oversees all web properties, social media channels, email marketing, and online fundraising platforms.
The DCO ensures that all digital communications technologies feature high-quality content, align with brand guidelines, and adhere to industry best practices. They also provide guidance to staff on launching new digital technologies and manage these projects, as necessary.
The DCO stays up-to-date of emerging digital communications trends and identifies opportunities to amplify IPPF/WHR’s role as a movement leader and improve the organization’s ability to effectively build an online movement for global sexual and reproductive health and rights.
IPPF/WHR is a recognized leader in the international movement to ensure access to sexual and reproductive health care as a human right for all. In partnership with 41 Member Associations in the Americas and the Caribbean, we provide nearly 33 million services a year and work to secure government policies that improve people’s lives.
We pioneered the introduction of family planning services in Latin America and the Caribbean. We developed innovative and effective strategies for meeting the sexual and reproductive health needs of women, men, and young people in the region. IPPF/WHR continues to respond to the tremendous need for contraceptive services, while also addressing a range of issues that have an impact on sexual and reproductive health and rights, such as HIV/AIDS, gender-based violence, and unsafe abortion. Learn more at www.ippfwhr.org.
• Lead the coordination, production, and design of digital communications assets – including content curation, creation, and updates on all digital platforms.
• Collaborate with communications and development team members to ensure our content strategy is seamless across print and online platforms.
• Measure, analyze, and write reports on the impact of digital communications and online fundraising strategies; use data to make ongoing improvements.
• Implement digital fundraising strategy through email marketing, website donations, and social media channels.
• Ensure brand consistency and voice across all digital platforms.
• Hire and manage contracts with consultants – particularly writers, editors, translators, developers, video editors, and photographers.
• Write, edit, proofread, fact check, and curate content for website, blogs, fundraising appeals, newsletters, and social media posts; obtain approvals as necessary.
• Maintain database of domain names, renew domains as appropriate, buy new domains, and process authentication certificates.
• Support programmatic and development staff in determining digital communication needs and design effective solutions in a timely, cost-effective manner.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Educational and professional background involving digital communications, journalism, or related field.
• Strong understanding of the role digital communications plays in a nonprofit environment.
• Professional experience writing and editing text for web in English and Spanish.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for and commitment to IPPF/WHR’s mission and values.
• Familiarity with global sexual and reproductive health and rights, particularly in Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
• Exceptionally organized and detail oriented.
• 3+ years of digital communications experience (such as website and social media management), particularly in a nonprofit setting.
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish. Spanish fluency is required.
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly produce high quality work under deadline pressure.
• Ability to manage and adeptly prioritize multiple assignments.
• Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Office.
• Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Experience with content management systems, Drupal preferred.
• Experience with CRMs, SalsaLabs preferred.
• Experience with social media scheduling tools, Hootsuite preferred.
• Experience with web, news, and social media monitoring tools: Google Analytics, Meltwater, Rowfeeder, Twitonomy, LikeAlyzer.
• Basic familiarity with design and photo editing programs, such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
LOCATION: New York, NY
Please send your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (one in English and one in Spanish) to email@example.com.