Lafayette Medical Approach, an outpatient substance abuse treatment program, has an opening for a substance abuse counselor trainee beginning March 2, 2015. MUST BE FLUENT IN SPANISH.
Lafayette Medical Approach has been treating opioid addicted individuals in the NYC community for over 40 years. We are a state licensed (OASAS) and federally accredited (CARF) program, with an excellent reputation in the addiction community.
Qualifications for the Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee position:
- 4 year college degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (Psychology or other Human Services major preferred) — we will only accept college graduates. If hired, you will be asked to have transcripts sent to our organization.
- No experience necessary, but MUST be enthusiastic and willing to learn from experienced supervisory staff.
- Bilingual English / Spanish required.
– Addiction coursework preferred, but not required.
Salary: $25,000 to start with performance increases available. We offer an opportunity to obtain great hands on clinical experience in the social services field. All counselors at Lafayette Medical Approach are encouraged to work towards becoming credentialed addiction counselors.
To apply for the position, respond BRIEFLY to the questions below via email to lafmed.HR@gmail.comand include your resume (pasted in the email) after the answers:
- Do you speak Spanish fluently?
- Why are you interested in working in the field of addiction?
- What qualities do you have that would make you an effective counselor?
- What qualities would you need to improve in order to become a highly effective counselor?
- What are your career goals?
Please include the best phone number to reach you.
DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS.