NSSR DISSERTATION FELLOWSHIPAPPLICATION
NSSR PhD students are invited to apply for a Dissertation Fellowship for next year. This application is for all Dissertation Fellowships available to NSSR students, including the Elinor Goldmark BlackFellowship for Advanced Studies in the Dynamics of Social Change.
Dissertation Fellowships are available to NSSR students who have passed their Ph.D. qualifying exams, with preference given to students who have:
• Completed all coursework (exception for: Directed Dissertation Study/Research, Internship/Externship)
• Successfully passed comprehensive examinations
• Begun work on the dissertation under the supervision of a faculty advisor
Current recipients may apply for renewal; however, they must document work to date and demonstrate that they will be able to complete the dissertation by the end of the fellowship award period. Elinor Goldmark Black Fellowship applicants must be Ph.D. students whose studies and research focus on the goals of social change. Students may apply even if they have not defended adissertation proposal, if they have made substantial progress towards defining their dissertation.
All materials listed below are due by noon on Monday, March 7th, 2016 (no late applications will be accepted):
A complete Dissertation Fellowship Application includes:
1. Submission of this google form. You must use your New School email to access the form.
2. Additional Materials. The following items should be combined into one document, either MS Word or PDF, with your name and “Dissertation Fellowship Application 2016″ as the title of your document. Create a running header in this document so that your name and a page number appear on every page.
• Project Description (do not exceed five double-spaced pages)
• Selected Bibliography (do not exceed one page)
• Elinor Goldmark Black Fellowship Applicants Only–Personal Statement addressing the relationship of your dissertation and academic work to the goals of social change (do not exceed two double-spaced pages)
You will be notified of the results via email before April 15. For questions, emailNSSRAcademicAffairs@newschool.