Parsons Paris, in collaboration with Domaine de Boisbuchet, presents “L’origine de l’original”, a satellite of the summer exhibition at Domaine de Boisbuchet. The exhibition explores the notions of creativity and originality through design, and questions the value and the very existence of originality. The Parsons Paris Gallery exhibition shows objects that have revolutionized design history and practice. The […]
On Friday, May 20th we graduated our students from the MA History of Design & Curatorial Studies and MFA Design & Technology program. Congratulations to the class of 2016! The ceremony took place at partner institution Les Arts Décoratifs with guest speaker, artist and Parsons School of Design alumna, Auriea Harvey. The MFA Design & Technology Thesis Show at […]
:PRINCIPIUM A showcase by emerging artists, designers, coders, makers, hackers, educators, and thinkers featuring work by graduating MFA Design and Technology students Elwyn Crawford, Nadine Daouk, Jaime Hamadi, Shawné Michaelain Holloway, Eugena Ossi and Caitlin Pickall at Hub Lafayette Anticipation. Elwyn Crawford Affective Accessories What if clothing began to move in response to inner changes coming from the body? In this […]
Thursday May 19th MA History of Design & Curatorial studies graduating student Oliver Graney will defend his thesis from 5–7pm in room 301, followed by a celebration of the work he’s been doing for Boisbuchet’s summer exhibition in the Gallery at 6:30pm. You are cordially invited to join us for either, or both! Oliver’s thesis, “News from […]
Internet Landscapes is a group exhibition of artists thinking critically about the Internet as a defining moment in our place in history. Through varied media, including videos, websites, books, prints and etchings, a common theme is the demystification of the network. The work is a result of a dialog on Internet infrastructure, net.art, art and activism, […]
Alana Watson & Malique Lee are two American artists currently based in Paris. Known for his work referencing identity and racial consciousness, Malique Lee often works with film, photography, and installation art. Alana Watson is best identified with the themes of self-identity, cultural roots, and humor, using the mediums of tactile manipulation (usually in the […]
Join us for the Bread, Politics, and other Polemics symposium where select MA History of Design & Curatorial Studies students will be presenting their research. Emile de Visscher, designer and editor of Obliquite, will also be joining us to discuss his work, the relationship between art and design, and his publication. Emile de Visscher has a double masters from the Royal College […]
This year Art, Media + Technology students from Nicolas Maigret‘s Dynamic Sound & Performance and Felicie D’Estienne d’Orves Core Studio 2 Spatial had the opportunity to show their work at MAC+ Exist Festival Creteil . The festival was conceived as a journey through a variety of unique artistic worlds, from photography to painting, sculpture and installation, taking the visitor on a discovery of […]
This Friday, April 22nd is the UN\DEAD MEDIA conference at Gaité Lyrique, part of the Art, Media & Technology annual media archaeology festival, ReFrag. This year’s main event will be moderated by Alessandro Ludovico, Editor-in-Chief of Neural Magazine. Alessandro also teaches Media Theory and Media Archaeology at Parsons Paris. Alongside Art, Media & Technology program director Benjamin Gaulon, he created the Media Archaeology Lab […]
reFrag: media archaeology festival gathers together international artists exploring media archaeology, hardware hacking / sampling, e-waste recycling, critical making, internet culture, media studies and more. Over the course of three days a series of workshops, talks and performances will be held at Parsons Paris and at the Gaité Lyrique from April 20th to the 22nd. Artists, designers, […]
- Some Things In Common – Exhibition Parsons Paris October 10, 2014
- Faculty Profile: Kakee Scott, Strategic Design & Management October 9, 2014
- Now Open: SOME THINGS IN COMMON October 24, 2014
- Faculty Profile: Rebecca Reilly (Lang School) August 22, 2014
- Summer Intensive Studies 2014 (Recap) August 18, 2014
- D’Days: Origins of A Work May 30, 2016
- Parsons Paris Graduation 2016 May 25, 2016
- :PRINCIPIUM – MFA Design+Technology Thesis Show May 18, 2016
- HDCS Thesis Defense 5pm + Gallery Opening 6:30pm May 18, 2016
- Student Show: Internet Landscapes May 3, 2016
- Meet internship coordinator Jeanne Granger!: […] group scrap of incredible leather and fa...
- Méet Aurélien Farina!: […] We are happy to introduce, one of our ne...
- Meet Director of Admissions: Mike Fakih - Parsons Paris: […] Admissions and upcoming Admission events...
- Lidewij Edelkoort Joins The New School as Dean of Hybrid Design Studies - Parsons Paris: […] Edelkoort gave the commencement address ...
- Cathay Capital Prize Awarded - Parsons Paris: […] you Kakee Scott (Interim Director BBA St...