What’s new in the world of creativity and innovation? For the second year in a row, the Global Executive team at The New School was on a mission to find out at the Cannes Lions Festival. Here is a round-up some of the top take-aways from innovation’s leading luminaries: Service design is the barometer of success in […]
The Second World War created a wave of refugees and was a crucial moment in the development of global refugee policy. How can that past inform our present understanding of the migration crisis currently facing millions of exiles and refugees on both sides of the Atlantic? The symposium “Memories and Politics of Exile” is jointly […]
For the past two summers Parsons Paris BFA Fashion Design Program Director Jasonpaul McCarthy has been invited to China to talk about Parsons Paris and lead a Design Master series hosted by Sphinx International Art Education (SFK). Sphinx International Art Education (SFK) is one of the largest art education company in China, which contributes to innovative art education, art portfolio training and overseas […]
Don’t miss the May 2016 issue of France-Amérique magazine for a cover story on the Parsons Paris fashion department, and our link with Parsons School of Design in NYC. The best part of the feature? It’s written in French and English, so it’s the perfect way to beef up your language skills! You’ll have to […]
Parsons Paris, in collaboration with Domaine de Boisbuchet, presents “L’origine de l’original”, a satellite of the summer exhibition at Domaine de Boisbuchet. The exhibition explores the notions of creativity and originality through design, and questions the value and the very existence of originality. The Parsons Paris Gallery exhibition shows objects that have revolutionized design history and practice. The […]
On Friday, May 20th we graduated our students from the MA History of Design & Curatorial Studies and MFA Design & Technology program. Congratulations to the class of 2016! The ceremony took place at partner institution Les Arts Décoratifs with guest speaker, artist and Parsons School of Design alumna, Auriea Harvey. The MFA Design & Technology Thesis Show at […]
:PRINCIPIUM A showcase by emerging artists, designers, coders, makers, hackers, educators, and thinkers featuring work by graduating MFA Design and Technology students Elwyn Crawford, Nadine Daouk, Jaime Hamadi, Shawné Michaelain Holloway, Eugena Ossi and Caitlin Pickall at Hub Lafayette Anticipation. Elwyn Crawford Affective Accessories What if clothing began to move in response to inner changes coming from the body? In this […]
Thursday May 19th MA History of Design & Curatorial studies graduating student Oliver Graney will defend his thesis from 5–7pm in room 301, followed by a celebration of the work he’s been doing for Boisbuchet’s summer exhibition in the Gallery at 6:30pm. You are cordially invited to join us for either, or both! Oliver’s thesis, “News from […]
Internet Landscapes is a group exhibition of artists thinking critically about the Internet as a defining moment in our place in history. Through varied media, including videos, websites, books, prints and etchings, a common theme is the demystification of the network. The work is a result of a dialog on Internet infrastructure, net.art, art and activism, […]
Alana Watson & Malique Lee are two American artists currently based in Paris. Known for his work referencing identity and racial consciousness, Malique Lee often works with film, photography, and installation art. Alana Watson is best identified with the themes of self-identity, cultural roots, and humor, using the mediums of tactile manipulation (usually in the […]
- Some Things In Common – Exhibition Parsons Paris October 10, 2014
- Faculty Profile: Kakee Scott, Strategic Design & Management October 9, 2014
- Parsons Paris Commitment to Climate Change + a lecture by Bruno Latour February 9, 2015
- Faculty Profile: Rebecca Reilly (Lang School) August 22, 2014
- Announcing: MFA Design+Technology Launch / Symposium / Art Hack Day August 26, 2014
- Top Take-Aways from the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity & Innovation July 19, 2016
- Memories and Politics of Exile Symposium, Oct 6-7th 2016 June 23, 2016
- Fashion Design Masterclass in China June 6, 2016
- PRESS: Parsons Paris in France-Amérique June 1, 2016
- D’Days: Origins of A Work May 30, 2016
- Parsons Paris Graduation 2016 - Parsons Paris: […] Décoratifs with guest speaker, artist ...
- Meet internship coordinator Jeanne Granger!: […] group scrap of incredible leather and fa...
- Méet Aurélien Farina!: […] We are happy to introduce, one of our ne...
- Meet Director of Admissions: Mike Fakih - Parsons Paris: […] Admissions and upcoming Admission events...
- Lidewij Edelkoort Joins The New School as Dean of Hybrid Design Studies - Parsons Paris: […] Edelkoort gave the commencement address ...