Prototype: Exhibition in the Cloud is an interdisciplinary collaboration between Parsons and Universität der Künste Berlin (the Berlin University of the Arts) which seeks to challenge and reinvent received notions of prototyping, extending its design and industrial origin to encompass artistic imagination. Recently, Parsons faculty member Anthony Aziz traveled to Berlin for the exhibition’s opening.
Kay Unger, New School Trustee and an alumna and friend of Parsons, opened the presentation at a VIP lunch with the design community in Paris. She shared her story as a designer and successful business woman as well as Parsons Paris’ new growth plans.
Parsons The New School for Design was invited to participate in a colloquium marking the 300th-year anniversary of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Brussels, Belgium from October 30-31, 2012. Our session on Art, Media and Technology included presentations by Anthony Aziz (Director BFA Fine Arts) on prototyping through a co-locational project between Parsons NY and UdK […]
Parsons is a proud member of Cumulus, “The International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media, with its 176 member universities represent 44 countries worldwide. It is a dynamic and flexible academic forum that brings together top level educational institutions from all parts of the world.” The school’s participation in Helsinki 2012 […]
Parsons faculty member, Cynthia Lawson has, since 2008, been taking a weekly photograph of public space, in whatever city she happens to find herself. This, as part of Cross Urban, her collaborative art project with Paris-based photographer Klaus Fruchtnis, in which they take turns each week to pick a word at random from the dictionary and […]
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016! January 20, 2016
- How Parsons Paris Reinvented Itself October 27, 2015
- PUBLIC TALK: Internet Landscapes, Evan Roth October 27, 2015
- Sensory Design with Lidewij Edelkoort October 26, 2015
- Student Show: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 22, 2015
- Fashion Show 2017 Videos June 23, 2017
- Graduation 2017 June 20, 2017
- Graduation Show: CONTINUUM June 8, 2017
- History of Design & Curatorial Studies: Publication Launch June 6, 2017
- Sustainable Systems June 2, 2017