On July 16 & 17, 2016, an amazing cohort of Europe’s leading scholars and intellectuals, many of whom are alumni of TCDS and The New School, converged at The New School summer campus in Wroclaw, Poland for a conference on “The Shrinking of Democracy,” which provided a much needed analysis of European democracy in these unsettling times. You can now watch the videos of the first panel here!
The panel was introduced by Robert Kostrzewa, Vice Dean at The New School for Social Research moderated by Elzbieta Matynia, Professor of Sociology and Liberal Studies at The New School for Social Research and Director of TCDS.
The following presentations were held:
– Roch Dunin-Wąsowicz (London), After the UK’s Brexit vote: European Dis/integration
– Michal Vašečka (Brno), Next in Line: Refugees as an Ideal Other for Slovaks
– Karolina Follis (Lancaster), Brexit and European Borders: What matters now?
– Agata Ganiebna (Wroclaw), We are all Refugees: We and our “Others” in Wroclaw
– Csaba Szalo (Brno), Historical Consciousness Today: Between Exile and Return