On July 16 & 17, 2016, an amazing cohort of Europe’s leading scholars and intellectuals, many of whom are alumni of TCDS and The New School, converged at The New School summer campus in Wroclaw, Poland for a conference on “The Shrinking of Democracy,” which provided a much needed analysis of European democracy in these unsettling times. You can now watch the videos of the second panel here!
The second panel was introduced by Delina Fico from the NSSR/Europe Colective and moderated by Jonathan Bach, Associate Professor and Chair of Global Studies at The New School for Public Engagement.
The following presentations were held during the panel:
– Delina Fico (Tirana), Albania and Kosovo Revisited
– Agnieszka Kościańska (Warsaw), Moral Panic over Gender and Sexuality in Poland and CE
– Tomek Kitlinski (Lublin), New (Global & Local) Constraints on Democracy: The Rising Exclusion of the “Other”
– Leander Gussmann (Vienna), Politics of Public Space in Vienna
– Adam Puchejda (Warsaw), City Movements: A New Promise for Local Democracy in Poland?