Dear TCDS Friends and Alumni, On behalf of NSSR, TCDS is pleased to invite you to a public lecture by Daniel Dayan, one of the leading experts in Media Theory and our very own professor at the 2011 Democracy & Diversity Summer Institute in Wroclaw. The lecture will take place on Monday, February 25 at 6 pm, [...]
Daniel Dayan’s Feb. 25th lecture at The New School “Appearing in Public: Media and the Politics of Showing”
Hi all, Check out our youtube video on Wroclaw 2011. Also, Check back soon for more information on Wroclaw 2012!!
From July 8-24, the Transregional Center for Democratic Studies conducted its 20th Democracy & Diversity Institute in the vibrant city of Wroclaw, Poland, formerly Breslau. Centered on the theme The World in Crisis: A Critical Reading, the 2011 institute brought together 31 advanced graduate students and professionals from the New School and around the world [...]
- TCDS Fellows Roundtable Discussion – April 17 at 6:30 pm
- Adam Michnik – After the Election of Pope Francis: What Paths for the Catholic Church? APRIL 30 at 6 PM
- International Application Deadline for Wroclaw Institute Extended to April 22
- Application Deadline for New School students EXTENDED to APRIL 5 – Democracy & Diversity Institute in Wroclaw, Poland
- TCDS in Pictures: NYC-Joburg-Wroclaw
- Documentary Filmmaker William Miles, 82, Brought Lost Chapters of Black History to Life
- Psychiatry in the News and the Medicalization of the Emotional Life
- An Everyday New York Masterpiece: The Inconspicuous, Understated, Wise, 9/11 Memorial of the Union Square Subway Station
- Some Partial, Preliminary & Unfashionable Thoughts Toward Reassessing the 2003 Iraq War: Introduction
- Some Partial, Preliminary, & Unfashionable Thoughts toward Re-assessing the 2003 Iraq War – Did Anything Go Right, and What Were the Alternatives?