Check out an exciting opportunity for this year’s Car Free Day! They are holding an open competition for the art that will accompany Car Free Day and that will be used to promote the initiative leading up to the 22nd. They will be accepting submissions of designs for the official 2017 Car Free Day Flier and artwork until Thursday, March 9th!
The following elements must be incorporated into the design: going car-free and opening the streets to pedestrians, encouraging residents to take advantage of their neighborhood services, increase the usage of public transportation, and promoting sustainability throughout travel to combat climate change.
Last year’s design, by New School Student Vanya Mittal, was widely publicized. It was featured on a billboard in Times Square and on posters throughout the MTA subway system. We’re hoping to have similar or wider circulation with this year’s winning design, to be voted on in early March.
Here is last year’s winning design used for fliers, posters, the CFD commercial, and news articles:
– All designs must be original
– Designs must be readable and understandable
– Designs must be able to be manipulated in multiple sizes. It will be used for fliers, media, and outreach
– This is for the sole use of Car Free Day and is not to be shared or sold to other parties
– This is to be submitted with the understanding that this is a voluntary submission with no monetary compensation
Submit your design in .jpeg and .pdf format, at high resolution (not to exceed 10MB) to Russell Murphy at email@example.com by Thursday, March 9th, 2017 at 5:00PM. After receiving all design submissions, CFD Partners will vote for their favorite design, encapsulating the goals of Car Free Day.