The Service Corps Program matches teams of passionate and skilled NINYC members with nonprofits and social enterprises to complete actionable 12-week pro bono consulting projects that fulfill specific business and/or organizational needs.
5 Reasons To Become A Service Corps Consultant
- Leverage your skills for impact by answering a local non-profit or social enterprise’s call for industry-specific or business expertise
- Acquire impact-oriented consulting skills training and experience
- Network with peers and get exposure to their interdisciplinary approaches to problem-solving
- Learn about a social or environmental issue and managing a mission-driven organization
- Build meaningful relationships with NYC nonprofits and social enterprise
- At least 2 years of professional experience (quality over quantity!) and a Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to commit 3-5 hours per week for 12 weeks
- Flexibility to work well in teams and independently
- Strong interest in leveraging your skills to solve organizational challenges
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Pro-active and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for making an impact on social and/or environmental issues
Learn more and apply here!