Have you identified an unmet social need that you wish to address?
Do you have an idea about how you might address this challenge in a way that is financially sustainable and has the potential for scalable impact?
Have you engaged directly with your target customer to test this idea?
Have you created a founding team with between two and five members?
If not, we encourage you to explore the following resources over the coming months in order to refine your idea, test your hypothesis, and deepen relationships with the community you wish to impact. The deadline for applications to the Venture Lab will take place on October 4th, 2017.
There are many free or inexpensive online courses, videos, and toolkits to help you along your research and discovery journey.
Design Thinking & Prototyping Resources:
- +Acumen Online Course Design Kit: The Course for Human-Centered Design
- +Acumen Online Course Design Kit: Prototyping
- Creative Confidence, Tom & David Kelley
- d.school reading list
- Design-led research toolkit
- IDEO.org Designkit
- Google Ventures: Design Sprint
- Google Venture: Research Sprint
- Design Research Techniques
- IDEO Circular Design Guide
- Service Design Toolkit
- Steps to developing your prototype
- NESTA and thinkpublic prototyping framework
- Roberta Tassi’s research work on service design
- d.school.prototyping dashboard
- Interaction Design Foundation: Getting Started with Prototyping