Thanks to everyone who participated or expressed interest in the Humanities Funding Workshop last Friday that was jointly sponsored by the Office of U.S. Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand, The National Endowment for the Humanities, The New York Council for the Humanities, and The New School. The event went really well and we received very positive […]
Faculty are invited to attend the following workshops being coordinated by Research Support. Please email ProvostFRF@newschool.edu with other topics you would like to see covered as the Spring 2015 calendar is planned. Strategies for Grants Success Thurs, Nov. 6; 12:00-1:30pm Location: 6 E. 16th, Room 913 Open to: New School Faculty Click here to RSVP […]
Starting this fall, the Provost’s Office will be offering a number of research support workshops for faculty across the university. The following three workshops have been scheduled for several different dates and times between early September and mid-October, and more will be offered on an ongoing basis. Strategies for Grants Success Thurs., Sept. 11; 12:00-1:30pm […]
We are pleased to announce the faculty who have been awarded grants from The New School’s Innovations in Education Fund and Faculty Research Fund for 2014-15. Projects funded this year span many disciplines, and include a range of research-based, professional, and artistic and creative practice projects. Please join us in congratulating the grantees.
Emily Sekine, a PhD Candidate in NSSR’s Anthropology department, has recently been awarded an NSF SBE Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grant, the latest in a handful of awards for her research into earthquakes, nature, and science in Japan.
Anna Strelis, a PhD candidate in the Philosophy Department at NSSR, and a recent recipient of a Fulbright U.S. Student Program scholarship to Denmark in Philosophy, shares her advice on applying to the program and for research proposal writing in general. Anna is one of several PhD students at NSSR to have recently received external […]
- Report – NSF: Capturing Change in Science, Technology, and Innovation December 16, 2013
- January 15 – NSF: Social Psychology Program October 15, 2014
- January 15 – NSF: Political Science Program October 15, 2014
- January 15 – Aaron Copland Music Fund: Recording Program October 15, 2014
- January 15 – NSF: Sociology Program October 15, 2014
- Humanities Funding Workshop February 24, 2015
- Faculty Research Support Workshops in November and December 2014 November 4, 2014
- Deadlines Introduction October 15, 2014
- October 17 (Anticipated)- Creative Capital Foundation: Multi-Arts Production Fund October 15, 2014
- October 22 – NSF: Improving Undergraduate STEM Education October 15, 2014