The booming field of microfinance is populated by a diverse group of institutions spanning the spectrum from commercial banks to grassroots NGOs. On Thursday, April 1, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., the Association for International Development and the Milano Global will present a panel discussion Exploring Microfinance: Models, Mission and Impact.,
The panel moderated by attorney Howard J. Finkelstein will shed light on this increasingly complex world by presenting a variety of microfinance institution operating models that reflect different organizational missions, addressing their benefits and challenges. Among the issues covered will be sustainability and profitability, scale and outreach, social and financial services, and gender and empowerment.
- Gina Harman, president and CEO of Accion USA
- Susan Davis, president and CEO of BRAC
- Peter Bremberg, manager, IFMR Trust
- Jana Smith, project manager, Pro Mujer International
- Beth Dunphe, director of development, Project Enterprise
This free event will take place at the Theresa Lang Community and Student Center, 55 West 13th Street, 2nd floor.