New Voices Playwrights Festival Presents The New School for Drama’s Freshest Talent
The New School for Drama’s freshest playwriting talent is on display at the New Voices Playwrights Festival, which features original plays performed in repertory March 30’April 2 and April 6-9 at The New School for Drama Theater, 151 Bank Street, 3rd floor. Showcasing the work of graduating playwriting MFAs, the festival also highlights Drama’s actors and directors. The series is advised by The Play Company’s founding producer (and Drama faculty member) Kate Loewald, who is renown for bringing new work and new actors to the stage.
Admission to New Voices Playwrights Festival is free but reservations are recommended. Please call Ticket Central at 212.279.4200 or visit www.tickets.ticketcentral.com.
New Voices Playwrights Festival schedule:
- Mourning Breadth by George Lopercio, directed by Mason Beggs
March 30, 7:00 p.m.; April 1, 9:30 p.m.; April 2, 3:00 p.m.
- Off The Realness by Nick Gandiello, directed by Lucia A. Peters
March 30, 9:30 p.m.; March 31, 7:00 p.m.; April 2, 7:00 p.m.
- Iris by Judith Goudsmit, directed by Elizabeth Carlson
March 31, 9:30 p.m.; April 1, 7:00 p.m.; April 2, 9:30 p.m.
- adulteration by Josh Beerman, directed by Paul Takacs
April 6, 7:00 p.m.; April 8, 9:30 p.m.; April 9, 3:00 p.m.
- You Don’t Know Jack by Dara Levendosky, directed by Katie McHugh
April 6, 9:30 p.m.; April 7, 7:00 p.m.; April 9, 7:00 p.m.
- This Is My Gun by Dan Bernitt, directed by Tim Butterfield
April 7, 9:30 p.m.; April 8, 7:00 p.m.; April 9, 9:30 p.m.
For more information and to read excerpts from the plays, please visit The New School for Drama website. New Voices is generously supported by the Harold and Mimi Steinberg Charitable Trust.