New School News

New School Alumni Receive Fulbright Awards

Five New School alumni have been selected to study abroad during the 2011’2012 academic year through the Fulbright U.S. Student program:

Kristen Teutonico ’09, a graduate of the M.Arch program at Parsons’ School of Constructed Environments, will study the development of Mumbai’s Tansa River Basin at the Kamala Rajeja Vidjandhi Institute for Architecture in Mumbai, India.

Jiashan Wu ’08, an alumna of the BFA Communication Design program at Parsons’ School of Art, Media, and Technology, will study Chinese shanzhai, or hacker-developers, using design as a research tool.

Sharmilla Cohen ’09, a graduate of The New School for Public Engagement’s School of Writing will conduct research in Germany for a project titled Dopplepunkt: Dual Point: A Study of Translation and the Idiomatic Aspects of Language.,

Joy Lehmann ’11, an alumna of The New School for Public Engagement’s School of Languages, will teach English as a Foreign Language in Germany.

Amanda Siegel ’10, a graduate of The New School for Public Engagement’s School of Writing, will conduct a study in Ardiente, Argentina, titled Yiddish Poetry and Jewish-Argentine Identity.,

The Fulbright Program, America’s flagship international educational exchange program, is sponsored by the United States Department of State and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Since its establishment in 1946, under legislation introduced by the late Senator J. William Fulbright of Arkansas, the Fulbright Program has provided funding for approximately 300,000 students, scholars, teachers, artists, and scientists to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas, and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns. The program operates in more than 155 countries worldwide.

Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduates Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.