New School Moment: Energy!
On Monday, March 5, the Vera List Center for Art and Politics (VLC) continues its series A New School Moment, with a conversation about energy, and the increasingly complex system of human agency and infrastructure that surrounds its production and use. The free public event will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Theresa Lang Community and Student Center, 55 West 13th Street, second floor. The conversation will be moderated by Edward Keller, co-founder of AUM Studio and associate dean of Distributed Learning and Technology at Parsons The New School for Design. Panelists include:
- Jonathan Bach, chair of the interdisciplinary Global Studies Program at The New School for Public Engagement
- Liz Barry, director of Urban Environment at The Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science, and part-time faculty at Parsons
- Jacalyn Brookner, ecological artist and part-time faculty at Parsons
- Georgina Drew, anthropologist and post-doctorate fellow at The India China Institute at The New School
- Jamie Kruse, artist and independent scholar
- Alan H. McGowan, associate professor of Interdisciplinary Science at Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts
- Arthur Ou, artist and director of BFA Photography at Parsons
- Rafi Youatt, assistant professor of Politics at The New School for Social Research & Eugene Lang College
This event is presented by the Vera List Center for Art and Politics in conjunction with the 2011-2013 focus theme Thingness,, and with the support of the Office of Sustainability and The Green Fund. For more information, visit the VLC website.