This month, the public gets its first chance to see the work of The New School for Drama’s senior class in The NEW VISIONS Directing Festival. Starting October 10, this annual event features graduating MFA directors and actors in action at non-Broadway prices.
NEW VISIONS runs October 10-19 and October 31-November 9, at The New School for Drama Theater, 151 Bank Street, 3rd floor. The plays features will highlight the work of Drama’s graduating MFA directors and actors. The works, which will be performed in repertory over the course of the festival, will include:
- Blue Window by Craig Lucas, directed by Kai-Hsiang Tu (’13)
featuring Courtney A. Vinson, Leif Steinert, Lise Ashley Strigel, Shelly Antony, Kirya Traber, Brennan Lowery, Elizabeth Klein.
- Eurydice by Sarah Ruhl, directed by Stephanie C. Cunningham
- featuring Chloe Lewis, Jorge Chapa, Tristan Sample, Velson D’Souza, Kyle LeMaire, Kelsey Lidsky (’13), Katie Rae Newcomer (’13).
- In the Hand of Dreams, written and directed by Suzanne Karpinski
- featuring Rafael Albarran, Elizabeth Flemming, Noam Blanks, Leslie Marseglia, Ariana Kahn, Janice Gerlach, Brent Shultz, Amy Fulgham, Aurea Tomeski, Alfie Fuller, John Barber, Alex Major.
- Red Light Winter by Adam Rapp, directed by Kristin Skye Hoffmann
featuring Nic Marrone, Jeffrey Adams, Kelsey Foltz.
Admission is free, but seating is limited and reservations are recommended by calling Ticket Central at 212.279.4200 or visit www.ticketcentral.com. Visit Drama’s website for a complete schedule of performance dates and times.