Forbes 30 Under 30 2018 edition features “600 young stars . . . with a burning desire of youth to reinvent the world.”
They must be talking about New School alumni.
Once again this year, graduates of the progressive New York City univeristy — scholars, artists, and designers who courageously lead creative innovation — secured spots on 30 Under 30. This marks the seventh time in a row that The New School has been represented on the prestigious annual list.
The New School alumni — six graduates of Parsons School of Design — are:
- Sarah Ahmed, BBA Strategic Design & Management ’11 / Art & Style
- Maryellis Bunn, BBA Strategic Design & Management ’14 / Art & Style
- Maria Kazakova, MFA Fashion Design and Society ’16 / Art & Style
- Sandy Liang, BFA Fashion Design ’13 / Art & Style
- Elizabeth “Bunny” Rogers, BFA Fine Arts ’13 / Art & Style
- Conor Russomanno, MFA Design and Technology ’13 / Science
In addition, Forbes named several “All-Star Alumni” — previous 30 Under 30’s — to this year’s list. They include New Schoolers who either graduated from or studied at The New School:
- Carly Cushnie, BFA Fashion Design ’07 / Art & Style – All-Star Alumni
- Leandra Medine, Eugene Lang College / Art & Style – All-Star Alumni
- Michelle Ochs, BFA Fashion Design ’09 / Art & Style – All-Star Alumni
- Sophia Sunwoo, BBA Strategic Design & Management ’10 / Social Entrepreneurs – All-Star Alumni
“Selecting these youthful visionaries is a year-round obsession: We vet thousands of nominations, leaning on the collective wisdom of our online community, ace reporters and a panel of A-list judges,” Forbes says. “Now in our seventh year, with a 4,000-strong alumni network that spans the globe, this list continues to spotlight the impressive, the inspiring and the (genuinely) enviable.”