PhD Careers in Language Translation
This week!! September 19-23, 2016
Thinking about using your language skills to help you build a career? Find out what you need to know from a panel of experts on the Versatile PhD
Humanities and Social Science PhDs with strong fluency in two languages can find satisfying work as translators. Either employed by an organization or as freelancers, PhDs translate a wide variety of documents. If you are fluent in any two languages, you can probably be a translator.
Versatile PhD will host a free AMA-style panel discussion on PhD Careers in Language Translation all this week. All panelists are PhDs or ABD in humanities or social science disciplines and are currently working as translators in a variety of settings.
• Free discussion, open to all (tell friends!)
• Takes place in Humanities/Social Science forum on the VPhD site
• Panelists introduce themselves today, Monday September 19
• Q&A rest of week thru Friday September 23
• Asynchronous – participate anytime during the week
Click here to learn more.