As part of a larger research on the work of iconic designer Elsa Schiaparelli, sophomore students had access to the Maison Lesage studios and archives. The famous Parisian high-end embroidery company was established in 1924 and has created the most exceptional embroidered pieces for Schiaparelli, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent and other influential 20th century and […]
To mark the 20th anniversary of French brand Zadig & Voltaire in 2017, Parsons Paris students are invited to design a triptych of installation projects. The selected projects will be displayed in the windows of the company’s flagship stores in Paris, New York and other cities in the world. The Reflecting Zadig project gathers 20 […]
In occasion of the beginning of the course ‘Introduction to Fashion Studies’, Dr. Agnès Rocamora will present her last co-edited book Thinking Through Fashion: A Guide to Key Theorists (London: I.B. Tauris, 2015). This is the first book designed to accompany readers through the process of thinking through fashion. It aims to help them grasp […]
Fashion Week is a moment in which not only the industry but also the public eye is focused on fashion. In the frame of a week, a massive amount of presentations, opinions, discussions, fashion shows, blog posts, tweets, fashion designers, ephemeral materials as well as scandals and gossip are created, staged and performed. But, what […]
Illustrations by Alexia Almeida. (Photography is not allowed inside the archives). This fall our fashion students, together with our Director Marco Pecorari, visited the offsite archives of the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, a partner institution of Parsons Paris. The course called Curatorial Practices in Contemporary Fashion explores fashion curating from a museological perspective, investigating the history of fashion in museums, different types […]
Every summer Parsons Paris offers two three-week sessions of summer intensive course offerings for pre-collge [high school] as well as college [university] and adult students in a range of fields from fashion to trend spotting, explorations in drawing, design management, food design and curatorial practice. The courses typically meet every day and often involve field […]
reFrag: media archaeology festival gathers together international artists exploring media archaeology, hardware hacking / sampling, e-waste recycling, critical making, internet culture, media studies and more. Over the course of three days a series of workshops, talks and performances will be held at Parsons Paris and at the Gaité Lyrique from April 20th to the 22nd. Artists, designers, […]
As part of The New School mission for sustainability, Parsons Paris is in partnership with La Réserve des Arts, an association that believes that ecology is a cultural evolution. The goal of this partnership is to promote re-usable materials, new ideas and new techniques among our students in a supportive, economic and sustainable approach. La Réserve des […]
reFrag: is a symposium exploring new connections between art, culture and technology. reFrag: glitch gathers together artists working in the international networks of Glitch Art for 4 days of intensive workshops, talks and performances with exhibitions in Paris and online. Glitches occur in our identity (de/re)constuctions; instabilities and errors in digitized financial markets (i.e. flash crashes); hacking, […]
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Check out that Dolce and Gabanna hoarding! July 17, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Renee Tyson Hong July 8, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Nicolette Contoursi July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Victoria Nergaard July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ruchanan Patarapanich July 1, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...