On April 1st, 2017 the Fashion Studies Masters’ students participated in a Textile and Material Knowledge Workshop taught by Parsons faculty Brankica Chauvain. Photo by Sarah Safar. During this Saturday workshop Chauvain split the workshop into two parts, the first being an educational learning process on fiber differentiation and the second, a hands-on experience which […]
Four Parsons Paris Junior students have been selected by Woolmark to benefit from a sponsorship that allows each of them to complete her or his personal capsule collection with high-end fabrics. Two Paris-based students, Charlotte and Jason, and two mobility students from the New York campus of Parsons, Marlan and Siyeon, had access to The […]
Esther Kamatari, Princess of Burundi, has spent time with some Junior students at Rue Saint-Roch to discuss the experience of being a Black model in Paris in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, starting from her first show for Lanvin. For the Juniors who are completing their Color of Difference capsule collection, the encounter was very […]
After a visit at Maison Lesage in Fall, Sophomore students had the opportunity to experiment Haute Couture embroidery techniques and produce a personal sample during a one-month workshop with French experts and artisans. The design of the embroidered samples is related to the Intertwined Legacies project. The patterns and colors reflect the creative concepts developed […]
The Parsons Paris Festival 2017 showcases extraordinary work by students across our programs. Three major events make up the festival, culminating on Friday, May 19th with the Exhibition Opening at Parsons Paris and Galerie 24b on Rue Saint Roch — everyone is encouraged to attend this final event. STAY TUNED TO THIS POST FOR MORE INFORMATION. The […]
Over Spring Break students from the MuseumAPI class travelled to Florence, Italy to face their latest design challenge: redesign the museum experience to bring more visitors using technology while preserving the historic nature of the experience. A collaboration with SACI Florence and the five major museums of Florence, students gained a first hand look at […]
On March 30th, 2017, the Fashion Studies Masters’ students in Parsons Paris, welcomed Professor Hazel Clark from the New York City campus to introduce her most recently published co-authored book, Fashion and Everyday Life: London and New York (Bloomsbury, 2017). Professor Clark has a PhD in Design History and a first degree in Fine Arts. […]
On Thursday, March 30th, 2017, the Fashion Studies Masters’ Class had the chance to visit the Balenciaga Archive in Paris. The class’ aim was to discover past creations, patterns, illustrations, as well as the ephemeral that relates the great Couturier Cristobal Balenciaga (1865-1972) to the current designer of the brand’s contemporary collection Demna Gvasalia. The […]
REFRAG is a symposium exploring new connections between art, culture and technology. This year, R3FRAG celebrates the 3rd annual festival hosted by the Parsons Paris Art, Media & Technology department. The 2017 edition is articulated around 4 events: R1FRAG: Broadcast Hysteria (March 30th to 4th of April): Sonic arts and DIY electronic for audio design MARCH 30/31 HOËL DURET WORKSHOP 11AM/4PM . […]
On March 14th, 2017, the Fashion Studies Masters’ class for the Fashion Cultures course had a discussion with Guest Lecturer Alessandro Dal Buoni, regarding his experiences as a photographer within the fashion industry. Dal Buoni began by sharing his experience his work shot for Yohji Yamamoto, Christian Dior, and L’Officiel Italia. For Dal Buoni, photography […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : AMT at the 2019 Graduation Exhibition May 9, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- Culture Maps in Creative Team Dynamics October 14, 2019
- Let’s talk library! October 11, 2019
- Midterms Stress Management October 10, 2019
- Join a Paris Safety + Harassment Workshop October 9, 2019
- MERDE Magazine Coming Your Way October 8, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...