The $1 million NextGen Cup Challenge is an open innovation initiative seeking to identify and commercialize existing and future solutions for the single-use, hot and cold fiber cup system. The Challenge, managed by Closed Loop Partners’ Center for the Circular Economy, is the first phase of a multi-year, multi-industry global consortium that aims to accelerate the design, commercialization, and recovery of packaging alternatives.
How to Get Started:
- Check out the Challenge Brief: The Brief has an overview of the Challenge and everything you need to get a submission up and running.
- Host an event: Interested in activating your local community to solve for the next generation to-go fiber cup? Sign up to host an event and receive custom resources to help get it off the ground.
- Join our kickoff webinar: Learn more about the process and hear from Starbucks, McDonald’s, WWF and Closed Loop Partners as they discuss their goals for the Challenge. Join us on Wednesday, October 10, at 10:00am PT.
- Develop an idea: Begin developing your proposal for the next generation to-go fiber cup. Idea submissions are open October 9 – November 16, 2018. Top Ideas will receive a portion of $1 million in funding based on key milestones. Up to six of the most promising winners will receive the option to advance to a business accelerator program.
- Dive into the circular economy: Get acquainted with the Circular Design Guideand Circular Flows Resource for inspiration on how to begin applying a sustainable lens to product and systems innovations.