Deadline to Apply: December 7th, 2018
Free intensive 5-month long training and support program called the Co-op Academy.
From Co-op Academy:
We help people go from idea to launching a worker owned business, known as worker cooperatives. Our Co-op Academy is for entrepreneurs who have an idea and at least one other partner get the support they need around their idea.
The Co-op Academy isn’t theoretical – we help your team structure your business from the inside out. Your co-op could be in business within a year.
Minimize the time and money spent on making mistakes to see if your business succeeds. Test it from the beginning without spending a dollar, and get the results and answers you need to shoulder the risk of a start-up. Get all this at no cost to you, free.
• Build out your business model and test it in the real world.
• Get support from pro bono lawyers.
• Get support from a mentor and regular one-on-one coaching.
• Get connected to an investor in worker co-ops.
• Continue to get support after the Academy finishes to ensure the success of your business.
• Become part of a trade association and network of cooperative businesses throughout the five boroughs.
• If you are a parent, we provide childcare if needed.
Application deadline is Friday, December 7th 2018.
The Co-op Academy is held at our office in the Hunt’s Point section of the Bronx. We’re located at 1231 Lafayette Avenue, 2nd Floor, Bronx, NY, 10474.