Messages to the Community

Booster Requirement and Reporting Tests During Break

A message from Sonya Williams, Vice President for Human Resources

As the university shared on Sunday, New York City is experiencing a significant increase in COVID-19 cases and in-person campus activity will be limited through Winter Term. The university is evaluating options for the start of the Spring semester and will provide an update to the community by January 19.

In the meantime, there are two important policy updates that will help us return to campus safely in January.

All eligible students, faculty, and staff must receive a booster.

  • By January 21, 2022, upload proof of your booster.
  • Those not yet eligible or unable to access a booster in their home country must receive a booster within 14 days of becoming eligible or gaining access.
  • Community members with approved medical or religious exemptions are exempt from this requirement.

Let us know if you get a PCR test, even if you’re not on campus.

  • Upload your results, whether you test positive or negative.
  • If you test positive:
    • Do not submit another PCR test; you are exempt from university-required testing for 90 days from the positive test date, per CDC guidelines and university policy.
    • Regardless of your vaccination status, your symptoms, or where you got your test—you must isolate yourself and stay home for 10 days.
  • Binx tests will be available on campus starting Monday, January 3.
  • Outside PCR tests are accepted.

I appreciate your continued cooperation. Complete and up-to-date information about booster vaccinations and PCR testing will help us plan and keep our community safe. Please remain diligent with masking and testing and do all that you can to stay healthy.

I hope you have a restful break.

Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduates Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.