Media Studies Film Office
The film and digital production programs at The New School offer a unique opportunity for students to learn the process of filmmaking in an independent atmosphere. The School of Media Studies believes students that learn to take full responsibility for their projects have the best chance of success in filmmaking. Our Film Office is located on campus and provides students with the resources they need.
Policies & Procedures
To check out equipment from the Film Office, ALL STUDENTS MUST:
- Be currently registered in an applicable Media Studies course
- Attend class and be in good academic standing
- Complete any equipment tests associated with your class
- Be on time for their designated pick-up and return
- Take responsibility for equipment in their possession, including the cost of replacing damaged or lost items
For more information please feel free to go through our FAQ Here.
All reservations must be made (at least) 48 hours before intended use.
Please review and follow our Covid-19 Health & Safety Regulations before making a reservation and planning your visit. Please consider that the Academic Calendar and Building Hours may affect our business hours.