In Creative Team Dynamics class lead by Sabri Ben Radhia, Strategic Design and Management sophomores discussed different meanings and facets of “culture” and what it means to work with international teams. Everyone shared their own experiences and cultural misconceptions. Students learned about the Culture Map, an 8-scale model designed by Erin Meyers, which empowers managers […]
Caroline Marie (class of 2023) sat down for a conversation with Kandace Clifton (MA Fashion Studies class of 2020) who manages the Parsons Paris library. What are you studying at Parsons Paris and how did you come to manage the Parsons Paris library? I am an MA Fashion Studies student, in my second year. I’ve […]
Midterms are in full swing! Everyone’s super busy with studying, drafting, photographing, sewing, painting, making prototypes, printing and more… but we managed to check in with some students to see how they’re dealing with stress or how they take a break from the craziness. It’s important for me to remember that it’s not the end-all […]
Dear students, We invite you to join a Paris safety + Harassment workshop this Thursday, October 10th. If interested, you can find more information below. Have a good rest of the week! – Parsons Paris Student Government. — Have you been a target for street harassment in Paris? This workshop is a safe space to share. Don’t […]
This Friday, Parsons Paris student Molly Apple is launching the first issue of her magazine called MERDE. Molly is a second year graduate student enrolled in the Fashion Studies program. We decided to interview Molly to know more about MERDE and the entire process behind the creation of her work… Want your copy of MERDE Magazine? […]
Who’s welcomed in the museum? Who is art representing? Led by instructor Emmanuel Cohen, students visited the MacVal, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Vitry, a suburb of Paris. In a city marked by waves of immigration during the 20th century, the exhibition Persona Grata invites the viewers to a reflection on hospitality. If hospitality […]
To celebrate 100 years of The New School and the centennial of the birth of Merce Cunningham, students from the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology programs took part in Musicircus. This festival, first devised by John Cage in 1967, allowed amateurs and professionals to pay homage to the composer’s work by playing a […]
As we get close to midterms, Student Success has planned Hakuna Matata Week from Monday September 30th through Friday October 4th, to provide some welcome fun and relaxation in the run-up to exams. Students are encouraged to enjoy the FREE SESSIONS to learn how to relax and relieve stress through different exercises and methods. Monday : Relaxing […]
On the 20th of September, the MAFS second-year class, ‘Fashion, Branding & Communication’ taught by Justin Morin went on an excursion through Paris’s 1st arrondissement, observing and looking at perfume stores. Their route started from Parsons Paris to rue Saint Honoré, students continued on Rue de Rivoli, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, looking at different windows including […]
Excited to announce this event moderated by Parsons Paris faculty Stephanie Nadalo! From the American Library website: Evenings with an Author: Emma Jacobs in conversation with Stephanie Nadalo about The Little(r) Museums of Paris October 8, 7:30-9pm American Library of Paris Please join us for a conversation with Emma Jacobs about her book, The Little(r) […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : AMT at the 2019 Graduation Exhibition May 9, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- Culture Maps in Creative Team Dynamics October 14, 2019
- Let’s talk library! October 11, 2019
- Midterms Stress Management October 10, 2019
- Join a Paris Safety + Harassment Workshop October 9, 2019
- MERDE Magazine Coming Your Way October 8, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...