PRIMA artistic director and Parsons Paris instructor Francesca Bonesio invites Parsons Paris students to participate in the 2019 PRIMA Micro-architecture competition: PRIMA is launching a competition to create a park that will bring together the raw materials of the French quarrying company Groupe CB, and the inspiration of future generations of architects and designers, under the […]
On the 13th and 27th of November, second year Masters of Fashion Studies students took part in photo shoots for their individual projects, in collaboration with AMI Paris. This project is produced in their ‘Fashion Branding and Communication’ class taught by Justin Morin (@hellojustinmorin). Students created visual content inside and around Parsons Paris in the […]
MA Fashion Studies Alumni: ‘How These Women Turned Creativity into Real Social Change’ by Refinery29
Congratulations to MA Fashion Studies Alumni, Clarabeth Smith who has just been published in Refinery 29 this week, in an article focusing on her work with the nonprofit Style Her Empowered (S H E). Clarabeth works with S H E to provide new school uniforms; full-tuition scholarships; and year-round training, tutoring, and support to 180 […]
In Spring 2020, Art, Media and Technology sophomores at Parsons Paris will have the unique chance to create a large-scale installation for the 2020 OECD Global Anti-Corruption and Integrity Forum, a meeting where policy-makers and industry leaders will discuss the risks and opportunities technology brings in the fight against corruption. Students will focus on 2020 […]
On November 13th, second year MA Fashion Studies students in the course ‘Fashion, Identity, and the Body’ were visited by Dr. Rosie Findlay, one of the forefront academics writing about the relationship between digital media and fashion. Findlay began her talk by talking about “first-wave” fashion bloggers – people who would post photos of themselves […]
Organized by the European Fashion Heritage Association, the annual EFHA International Conference titled, ‘Fashion and the Politics of Heritage’ took place at London College of Fashion on the 8th and 9th of November 2019. Presenters offered research stemming from various sectors of the fashion industry and were organized in part by their discipline for panels. […]
This past Wednesday, we held our very first Resume Night! Two professional recruiters as well as Emily and Allison from the Student Success Team were able to provide one on one feedback to 20 students about their resume. Students were happy to show their resume (in English & French) and asked for tips for their […]
On Wednesday the 23rd of October, curator Alexandre Samson came to @parsonsparis as part of a new lecture series ‘Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab’ to talk about his experiences in fashion exhibition curating. Samson discussed issues of collecting, conserving and exhibiting contemporary fashion with reference to past exhibitions he has curated at the Musee […]
Leyla Neri, Program Director of the Fashion Design Program has contributed to a new publication by Bloomsbury entitled Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts. A book that offers new insights into the dynamic relationships between fashion, bodies, and material culture. Through a series of historical and contemporary original case studies, the book explores […]
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- PRIMA Micro-architecture Competition December 2, 2019
- Career Services: Coming up in December December 1, 2019
- MAFS Project Update: In Collaboration with AMI Paris November 28, 2019
- MA Fashion Studies Alumni: ‘How These Women Turned Creativity into Real Social Change’ by Refinery29 November 26, 2019
- OECD 2020 Collaboration: Scout Visit November 25, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...