Who doesn’t want to see a half human/half furniture “centaur” shed its skin and build some shelves? Théo Mercier & Steven Michel’s Affordable Solution for Better Living at Théâtre Nanterre-Amandiers challenges ideas about the democratization of design, providing contemplation and conversation for students and professors who attended. The show facilitated conversation about the nature of design, mass market design, and the space in which design occupies in our everyday lives. Through use of several of Ikea’s most popular items, it’s a critique of the current state of democratized design.
Affordable Solution for Better Living
By Parsons Paris on October 29, 2018 in All News, History of Design & Curatorial Studies Comments are closed
About Parsons Paris
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Check out that Dolce and Gabanna hoarding! July 17, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Renee Tyson Hong July 8, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Nicolette Contoursi July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Victoria Nergaard July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ruchanan Patarapanich July 1, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...