Advice about “Navigating the Field”
Stephanie Daudier teaches Navigating the Field to Strategic Design and Management seniors. In their last year before they join the professional world, students learn about “knowledge assets” and become skilled at identifying, highlighting and articulating the value of their competencies.
Stephanie shared her invaluable insights and advice, applicable to all students! Here are some highlights:
– Reach out to professionals expert in their field, ask for an interview and get advice about their career project
– Everything takes time, don’t be impatient
– Be bold, be pro-active, go beyond!
– Do something that’s fun and inspiring
– Be a note-taker: keep a work-journal on things you learn and things you want to learn
– Develop your capability to write concisely, define an argument and back it up
– Be prepared to do anything and everything
– True character and networking are the key to small venture success