On Wednesday the 23rd of October, curator Alexandre Samson came to @parsonsparis as part of a new lecture series ‘Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab’ to talk about his experiences in fashion exhibition curating. Samson discussed issues of collecting, conserving and exhibiting contemporary fashion with reference to past exhibitions he has curated at the Musee […]
Congrats to Art, Media and Technology instructors Sophie Cure and Aurélien Farina who have just published Graphic Design Play Book, the English version of their book Le livret d’initiation au graphisme. It’s an introduction to graphic design through games and activities (puzzles, visual challenges, etc.) based on works of designers like Otl Aicher, Paul Rand, […]
When you are a student and live in a city where bakeries are at every street corner, it’s hard to find the motivation to work out. With the delicious smell of croissants and the gorgeous Parisian bistros, the temptation is real right? If you haven’t been motivated to work out, and you don’t know where […]
Pre-Halloween Party All of the ghosts and ghouls came out to celebrate at the Pre-Halloween Party. As the true Halloween falls over Fall Break, Parsons Paris has had a long-standing tradition to spread some spooky spirits before students leave. Students even got a special “treat” when a little pumpkin came to visit!
Oh The Places Parsons Paris Students Will Go For Fall Break! As the leaves are falling and we Parisians start to pull out our scarves, some Parsons Paris students will be escaping to warmer destinations! The campus will close for Fall Break from October 28th – November 3rd and students are taking full advantage of […]
On Thursday, students learned how to make an essential French treat: Crêpes! For those who haven’t had the luxury of trying one yet, a crêpe is a type of very thin pancake. Crêpes are usually of two types: sweet crêpes (crêpes sucrées) and savoury galettes (crêpes salées). Crêpes are served with a variety of fillings, […]
In Creative Team Dynamics class lead by Sabri Ben Radhia, Strategic Design and Management sophomores discussed different meanings and facets of “culture” and what it means to work with international teams. Everyone shared their own experiences and cultural misconceptions. Students learned about the Culture Map, an 8-scale model designed by Erin Meyers, which empowers managers […]
Caroline Marie (class of 2023) sat down for a conversation with Kandace Clifton (MA Fashion Studies class of 2020) who manages the Parsons Paris library. What are you studying at Parsons Paris and how did you come to manage the Parsons Paris library? I am an MA Fashion Studies student, in my second year. I’ve […]
During the last week of September, Paris hosted Fashion Week and many students took advantage of the many amazing internship opportunities. We were able to gather some statistics of the students’ experiences: 70 students participated in internships (Elie Saab, Alessandra Rich, Atlein, Gabriela Hearst, Jonathan Cohen, Joseph, Malone Souliers, Oscar de la Renta, TIBI, Zimmermann, […]
Midterms are in full swing! Everyone’s super busy with studying, drafting, photographing, sewing, painting, making prototypes, printing and more… but we managed to check in with some students to see how they’re dealing with stress or how they take a break from the craziness. It’s important for me to remember that it’s not the end-all […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...