In Creative Team Dynamics class lead by Sabri Ben Radhia, Strategic Design and Management sophomores discussed different meanings and facets of “culture” and what it means to work with international teams. Everyone shared their own experiences and cultural misconceptions. Students learned about the Culture Map, an 8-scale model designed by Erin Meyers, which empowers managers […]
Who’s welcomed in the museum? Who is art representing? Led by instructor Emmanuel Cohen, students visited the MacVal, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Vitry, a suburb of Paris. In a city marked by waves of immigration during the 20th century, the exhibition Persona Grata invites the viewers to a reflection on hospitality. If hospitality […]
On the 20th of September, the MAFS second-year class, ‘Fashion, Branding & Communication’ taught by Justin Morin went on an excursion through Paris’s 1st arrondissement, observing and looking at perfume stores. Their route started from Parsons Paris to rue Saint Honoré, students continued on Rue de Rivoli, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, looking at different windows including […]
On the 18th of September, Maria Tverdokhelb, founder and designer of the Ono Project came to Parsons Paris to speak with our first year ‘Business of Fashion’ class, taught by Geraldine Blanche. In this class, Maria discussed the need for sustainability within the fashion industry and how sustainability is subjective to the individual or singular business. She […]
First year students in Jason Glasser’s Drawing and Imaging class went to the Louvre to sketch some of the classical sculptures…
Being born in Paris and having left to Montreal at the age of 5, it was obvious for me I was never coming back here. Never once in my life, I thought I would come back to Paris. To study, to live, and to have a home; Paris was never part of my future plans. […]
Led by instructor Emmanuel Cohen, students visited the Musée de l’Homme, recently redesigned to exhibit both their ethnographic collections and contemporary art. To prepare the museum visit, students engaged in a discussion about the evolution of art collections and museums before experiencing how new epistemological, aesthetic and ethical discourses affect the way works are presented […]
Throughout the month of July, Parsons Paris will house college and adult students in a summer semester. The session works to allow for students to enroll in the program in order to acquire the skills they need to reach academic and professional goals, to complement their full-time degree programs, or to build a competitive portfolio […]
This summer, Parsons Paris is opening its doors to welcome college students to immersive courses of study during the month of June. Within the program, students have two choices for courses: The Business of Fashion, taught by Professor Erotokritos Antoniadis, and Fashion Design Process taught by Professor Yong Andersson. Each of these courses insight students on […]
In the 21st century, 90% of the total global population will live in cities. To account for these changing urban environments, the pressure is on to make cities smarter, more sustainable, efficient, inclusive, and livable. Working in pairs, third year students in Maurits Montanez’s Strategic Management course were asked to use design thinking and data […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...