Throughout the month of July, Parsons Paris will house college and adult students in a summer semester. The session works to allow for students to enroll in the program in order to acquire the skills they need to reach academic and professional goals, to complement their full-time degree programs, or to build a competitive portfolio […]
This summer, Parsons Paris is opening its doors to welcome college students to immersive courses of study during the month of June. Within the program, students have two choices for courses: The Business of Fashion, taught by Professor Erotokritos Antoniadis, and Fashion Design Process taught by Professor Yong Andersson. Each of these courses insight students on […]
On April 11-12, and as part of their class ‘Curating Fashion’, first year MA Fashion Studies students went on a trip to London. They visited various art and fashion museums, and studied methods of display for their final exhibition, An Anatomy of the Fashion Museum. The first day started with a visit to the Westminster […]
Students from AMT, SDM and Fashion Design in the “Bodies in Space” course taught by Emmanuel Cohen went to the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF, French national library) yesterday. They visited the Rotonde des Arts du spectacle (Rotunda of Performing arts), a section dedicated to the exhibition of the archives of performance. The BnF on […]
During the first year of the MA Fashion Studies, students take a class called ‘Fashion Cultures’, taught by Justin Morin, which aims to bridge fashion theory and practice via the making of a magazine. By exploring the world of fashion magazines, the class opens up different perspectives on fashion, such as the role of the […]
Sara Martinetti and The Fabricated Image: Pictorial and Textile Transpositions in the work of Robert Gober
On Friday, April 5th, our Art & Textiles class greeted Sara Martinetti and participated in on her lecture towards her research on The Fabricated Image: Pictorial and Textile Transpositions in the work of Robert Gober. Grober is a sculptor who works with everyday objects to juxtapose common views, making them different by inflicting his personal […]
On Thursday, April 4th, our French Graduate Reading class headed over to Palais de la Porte Dorée, just next to Bois de Vincennes to present in pairs and individually on the building’s architecture, history, artistic works and overall mission statement… in French! Starting with the inside forum, discussing the frescos and iron work, as well […]
First Year students in Integrative Studio & Seminar 2 are invited to develop their own projects during the Spring semester. While the freedom of deciding for oneself can be thrilling, it is sometimes hard to know when a topic makes for an interesting “research and making” project in an Art and Design school. To refine […]
Applying the methods discussed in class in a real life context: In the Research and Development methods class, students are able to apply the lesson learned in class into a real life context, preparing them for their professional life after school. Strategic Design and Management students have been currently working in a semester long […]
This semester, Parsons Paris is offering a course titled The Making of Paris, taught by Professor Stephanie Nadalo. The course examines the urban, artistic, and social history of Paris from the city’s ancient origins to the present, looking into local monuments from the Notre Dame Cathedral to the Eiffel Tower, and everything in between that […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance August 7, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ariel Stark August 5, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Molly Apple August 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Emma Shouse July 26, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ana Sanchez July 22, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...