To celebrate 100 years of The New School and the centennial of the birth of Merce Cunningham, students from the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology programs took part in Musicircus. This festival, first devised by John Cage in 1967, allowed amateurs and professionals to pay homage to the composer’s work by playing a […]
During the first year of the MA Fashion Studies, students take a class called ‘Fashion Cultures’, taught by Justin Morin, which aims to bridge fashion theory and practice via the making of a magazine. By exploring the world of fashion magazines, the class opens up different perspectives on fashion, such as the role of the […]
Parsons Paris students are on the move! We finally made it to Spring Break (March 18th – 24th) and students are using this time to relax, recharge, and explore! Many students use this time go home and visit with family, but many are headed to warmer destinations to find some sunshine. Students are traveling to […]
The one-day symposium organized by the Parsons Paris Anthropo Design Research Lab and Fashioning Theory Research Lab, together with the Séminaire d’Anthropologie des Mondes de la Mode of EHESS, has addressed a number of issues related to displacement and the cultural circulations that contribute to the regeneration of the contemporary transnational systems of fashion. The […]
Hosted by the Bunka Gakuen University and the National Art Center in Tokyo, the research seminar Art in Fashion, Fashion in Art has gathered researchers from France and Japan to discuss the complex interconnections between the fields of visual arts and fashion in both countries, in the past and the present. Parsons Paris was represented by Dr Leyla […]
The Institut National des Métiers d’Art (INMA) and Parsons Paris are launching a unique artistic collaboration that will bring together, for the first time, international design students and French masters of art. INMA is a world renowned platform under the auspices of the French Ministry of Culture where the rare know-how of the best artisans […]
Leyla Neri, Program Director, has published an essay about the cultural processes of fashion design entitled The Design of Pictorial Ontologies: From Unstitched Imaginaries to Stitched Images, in a book that addresses contemporary art in an anthropological perspective. Bloomsbury’s website: An Anthropology of Contemporary Art PDF: An Anthropology of Contemporary Art “This collection, itself impressively curated […]
International Colloquium organized by FHNW Academy of Art and Design, Basel, at the Museum of Cultures, Basel, Switzerland. Keynote Speech: Interstitial Maps for Design Pedagogy: Connective Materialities in the Making by Leyla Neri, Director of Fashion Design and Strategic Design & Management Programs, Parsons Paris, The New School Design education and design research certainly contribute to the rethinking of […]
Hosted by Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris, the research seminar Fashion as a Dialogue Between Cultures has gathered international researchers to discuss the complex interconnections between material culture, media and society through contemporary fashion. Dr Leyla Neri, designer and anthropologist, program director in charge of the Anthropo Design Research Lab at Parsons Paris, […]
A host of international experts engaged with second year students to discuss their final projects. Amongst those: Ann Stoler, Willy Brandt Distinguished University Professor of Anthropology and Historical Studies at NSSR, The New School (New York), Murielle Lemoine, Director of Lesage (Paris) and Hana Chidiac, Curator and Director of the Middle East Collections, Musée du […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...