To celebrate 100 years of The New School and the centennial of the birth of Merce Cunningham, students from the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology programs took part in Musicircus. This festival, first devised by John Cage in 1967, allowed amateurs and professionals to pay homage to the composer’s work by playing a […]
Leyla Neri, Director of the Fashion Design Program quoted in Le Monde. Le Monde, ‘La Mode à bonne école’ by Elvire Von Bardeleben
Leyla Neri, Director of the Fashion Design Program at Parsons Paris quoted in L’Officiel Magazine. L’Officiel, ‘Ce que veulent les femmes’ by Sophie Abriat
The one-day symposium organized by the Parsons Paris Anthropo Design Research Lab and Fashioning Theory Research Lab, together with the Séminaire d’Anthropologie des Mondes de la Mode of EHESS, has addressed a number of issues related to displacement and the cultural circulations that contribute to the regeneration of the contemporary transnational systems of fashion. The […]
Hosted by the Bunka Gakuen University and the National Art Center in Tokyo, the research seminar Art in Fashion, Fashion in Art has gathered researchers from France and Japan to discuss the complex interconnections between the fields of visual arts and fashion in both countries, in the past and the present. Parsons Paris was represented by Dr Leyla […]
The Institut National des Métiers d’Art (INMA) and Parsons Paris are launching a unique artistic collaboration that will bring together, for the first time, international design students and French masters of art. INMA is a world renowned platform under the auspices of the French Ministry of Culture where the rare know-how of the best artisans […]
Leyla Neri, Program Director, has published an essay about the cultural processes of fashion design entitled The Design of Pictorial Ontologies: From Unstitched Imaginaries to Stitched Images, in a book that addresses contemporary art in an anthropological perspective. Bloomsbury’s website: An Anthropology of Contemporary Art PDF: An Anthropology of Contemporary Art “This collection, itself impressively curated […]
Leyla Neri, Director of the Fashion Design Program quoted in Gala Magazine. Gala, ‘Souriez, c’est si bon’ by Virginie Picat
Leyla Neri, Director of the Fashion Design Program quoted in Les Inrockuptibles Magazine. Les Inrockuptibles, ‘En Mode Intello’ by Sophie Abriat
Leyla Neri, Director of the Fashion Design Program quoted in L’Officiel Magazine. L’Officiel, Culture vs Bling la Riviera serait elle bipolaire by Sophie Abriat
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...