JOSEPH HEATHCOTT: AWARDS, SYMPOSIUM, COVER IMAGES & MORE!
Join us in congratulating Professor Joseph Heathcott, Associate Professor of Urban Studies, on a number of recent professional updates:
- awarded a grant from the Global Architectural History Teaching Collaborative, a Mellon-Funded program based at MIT. The award is for the production of research and teaching modules related to the architecture and urbanism of the Swahili Coast of East Africa.
- invited to serve on the Board of the newly formed Global Urban History Project
- co-chaired the Second Interdisciplinary Conference on Infrastructure at the University of Venice this summer (2018). The proceedings will be published as a scholarly volume by the University of Pittsburgh Press.
- participated by invitation in a symposium at ETH-Zurich School of Architecture on “Housing 1968! Fifty Years of Policy and Political Action.”
- his photograph “Chairs, Brooklyn” was selected as the cover image for the summer issue of Blue Mesa Review, and two photographs appeared in juried shows at CORE Art Space in Denver and Barrett Art Center in Poughkeepsie.