Preface to Special Issue on Nietzsche, by Wayne Klein
- On the Relationship of Alcibiades’ Speech to the Other Speeches in Plato’s Symposium, by Friedrich Nietzsche
- Nietzsche’s Socrates: “Who” is Socrates?, by Sarah Kofman
- Nietzsche Hölderlin Empedocles, by David Farrell Krell
- The “Wondrous Double Nature” of Philosophy: Nietzsche’s Determination of the Original Experience of Thinking Among the Greeks, by Manfred Riedel
- Black Stars: The Pedigree of the Evaluators, by Alphonso Lingis
Action Aesthetics Ancient Arendt Arendt/Schürmann Symposium Aristotle Derrida Descartes Ethics Gadamer Hegel Heidegger Heller Hermeneutics History History of philosophy Husserl Jonas Kant Kennington Kierkegaard Language Levinas Life Marx Marxism Materialism Mathematics Merleau-Ponty Metaphysics Nietzsche Ontology Phenomenology Plato Politics Pragmatism Race Review Review Essay Schürmann Science Spinoza Subjectivity Time Wittgenstein
The Journal, published semi-annually in association with the Department of Philosophy at The New School for Social Research, provides a forum in which contemporary authors engage with the history of philosophy and its traditions.