This week, First Year students in Integrative Seminar 2 had a chance to meet Senior AMT Eman Muhammad and participate in her project pertaining to biopolitics and design fiction. After a presentation of her project where she introduced current discussions on biopolitics, sustainability, she then explained how she engages with these questions as a designer […]
First Year students in Integrative Studio & Seminar 2 are invited to develop their own projects during the Spring semester. While the freedom of deciding for oneself can be thrilling, it is sometimes hard to know when a topic makes for an interesting “research and making” project in an Art and Design school. To refine […]
Our first year Time Class visited the “Coup de Foudre” exhibition by Fabrice Hyber and Nathalie Talec at EDF Foundation on a theme of self and being another.
Can you find the misplaced object? In order to broaden their scope of creativity outside of the classroom, First Year students went out on an excursion to well-known French department and grocery stores, in order to find objects to redesign through a set of technical and contextual modifications during their Integrative Studio class. Students were […]
Students in the first year course “Sustainable Systems” with instructor Kathryn Frost visited a rooftop garden in Paris as part of their exploration of alternative food systems. Communauté Facteur Graine opened two years ago on the roof of a post office near La Chapelle, and produces organic vegetables, fruit, herbs and flowers for the 500 […]
First-year students in Time class visited the Pablo Valbuena If Time Were a Place exhibition at Le CENTREQUATRE-PARIS, and enjoyed their experience at the interactive tile pattern installation entitled Formas de tiempo . The challenge begins! Students chose a pattern and then worked on designing the tiles to match. All the tiles have to be arranged to match […]
“Sustainable Systems” instructors Anne Attali & Miriam Josi took first year students out into Paris as part of their ongoing project about the water systems in Paris. They started off with a walk along the Seine River to observe and collect data for their project including the direction, vegetation and pollution level of the river. […]
It was an exciting couple of days for students in Jason Glasser‘s Drawing/Imaging class! He invited several guest speakers who all inspired students with their range of methods and processes. Contemporary photographer Estelle Hanania spoke about her personal artistic projects and her work for brands and fashion revues. Estelle successfully balances a personal artistic practice […]
The Sustainable Systems course for first-year students provides a foundational understanding of the scientific and social issues related to the design of resilient urban futures. Students take field trips and lectures to locations that introduce and frame discussions and context-based learning related to sustainability, ecology, and systems. Those trips are combined with studio-based labs, where […]
In their First Year, students are broadening their understanding of the creative process by mixing research and making. In Ann Attali’s Integrative Studio class, groups of students led multiple tours around different locations in Paris such as St Germain des Près, la Petite Ceinture and le Bois de Vincennes. Each group chose a location and […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance August 7, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ariel Stark August 5, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Molly Apple August 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Emma Shouse July 26, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ana Sanchez July 22, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...