On the 18th of September, the MAFS first year class visited ‘Première Vision’, a global textile and fashion trade show for fashion professionals, featuring 1960 exhibitors representing numerous countries. Students were able to engage and learn about the processes surrounding the textile acquisition process for designers and fashion companies whilst also getting a glimpse in to […]
On the 18th of September, Maria Tverdokhelb, founder and designer of the Ono Project came to Parsons Paris to speak with our first year ‘Business of Fashion’ class, taught by Geraldine Blanche. In this class, Maria discussed the need for sustainability within the fashion industry and how sustainability is subjective to the individual or singular business. She […]
First year students in Jason Glasser’s Drawing and Imaging class went to the Louvre to sketch some of the classical sculptures…
Monday, August 19th Move-in Day! Parents were invited to Welcome Drinks with The Dean Tuesday, August 20th Big day of presentations from The Dean, Student Success, Program Directors, Tech Lab, and many more! Students finished the day with a tour of Paris by boat. Wednesday, August 21st Students rotated stations on campus to […]
This week, First Year students in Integrative Seminar 2 had a chance to meet Senior AMT Eman Muhammad and participate in her project pertaining to biopolitics and design fiction. After a presentation of her project where she introduced current discussions on biopolitics, sustainability, she then explained how she engages with these questions as a designer […]
First Year students in Integrative Studio & Seminar 2 are invited to develop their own projects during the Spring semester. While the freedom of deciding for oneself can be thrilling, it is sometimes hard to know when a topic makes for an interesting “research and making” project in an Art and Design school. To refine […]
Our first year Time Class visited the “Coup de Foudre” exhibition by Fabrice Hyber and Nathalie Talec at EDF Foundation on a theme of self and being another.
Can you find the misplaced object? In order to broaden their scope of creativity outside of the classroom, First Year students went out on an excursion to well-known French department and grocery stores, in order to find objects to redesign through a set of technical and contextual modifications during their Integrative Studio class. Students were […]
Students in the first year course “Sustainable Systems” with instructor Kathryn Frost visited a rooftop garden in Paris as part of their exploration of alternative food systems. Communauté Facteur Graine opened two years ago on the roof of a post office near La Chapelle, and produces organic vegetables, fruit, herbs and flowers for the 500 […]
First-year students in Time class visited the Pablo Valbuena If Time Were a Place exhibition at Le CENTREQUATRE-PARIS, and enjoyed their experience at the interactive tile pattern installation entitled Formas de tiempo . The challenge begins! Students chose a pattern and then worked on designing the tiles to match. All the tiles have to be arranged to match […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...