On Wednesday the 23rd of October, curator Alexandre Samson came to @parsonsparis as part of a new lecture series ‘Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab’ to talk about his experiences in fashion exhibition curating. Samson discussed issues of collecting, conserving and exhibiting contemporary fashion with reference to past exhibitions he has curated at the Musee […]
Leyla Neri, Program Director of the Fashion Design Program has contributed to a new publication by Bloomsbury entitled Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts. A book that offers new insights into the dynamic relationships between fashion, bodies, and material culture. Through a series of historical and contemporary original case studies, the book explores […]
Congrats to Art, Media and Technology instructors Sophie Cure and Aurélien Farina who have just published Graphic Design Play Book, the English version of their book Le livret d’initiation au graphisme. It’s an introduction to graphic design through games and activities (puzzles, visual challenges, etc.) based on works of designers like Otl Aicher, Paul Rand, […]
Introduction to Textiles led by Brankica Zilovic is devoted to the study of textiles and the creative of use of fiber as a fundamental element of the fashion design process. Students develop their creativity by exploring new technological perspectives and tactile awareness to understand the theoretical and conceptual possibilities of textile art.
Pianist and musicologist Anne de Fornel involved the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology students in a performative experience based on the cutting-edge methodology and work of John Cage and Merce Cunningham. The workshop was held at the Centre National de la Dance in Pantin where the students could discover the unique creative processes […]
In Creative Team Dynamics class lead by Sabri Ben Radhia, Strategic Design and Management sophomores discussed different meanings and facets of “culture” and what it means to work with international teams. Everyone shared their own experiences and cultural misconceptions. Students learned about the Culture Map, an 8-scale model designed by Erin Meyers, which empowers managers […]
Caroline Marie (class of 2023) sat down for a conversation with Kandace Clifton (MA Fashion Studies class of 2020) who manages the Parsons Paris library. What are you studying at Parsons Paris and how did you come to manage the Parsons Paris library? I am an MA Fashion Studies student, in my second year. I’ve […]
This Friday, Parsons Paris student Molly Apple is launching the first issue of her magazine called MERDE. Molly is a second year graduate student enrolled in the Fashion Studies program. We decided to interview Molly to know more about MERDE and the entire process behind the creation of her work… Want your copy of MERDE Magazine? […]
To celebrate 100 years of The New School and the centennial of the birth of Merce Cunningham, students from the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology programs took part in Musicircus. This festival, first devised by John Cage in 1967, allowed amateurs and professionals to pay homage to the composer’s work by playing a […]
On the 20th of September, the MAFS second-year class, ‘Fashion, Branding & Communication’ taught by Justin Morin went on an excursion through Paris’s 1st arrondissement, observing and looking at perfume stores. Their route started from Parsons Paris to rue Saint Honoré, students continued on Rue de Rivoli, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, looking at different windows including […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...