Excited to announce this event moderated by Parsons Paris faculty Stephanie Nadalo! From the American Library website: Evenings with an Author: Emma Jacobs in conversation with Stephanie Nadalo about The Little(r) Museums of Paris October 8, 7:30-9pm American Library of Paris Please join us for a conversation with Emma Jacobs about her book, The Little(r) […]
Where is your internship? Bienvenue art fair // Bienvenue is a new independent art fair located at the Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris dedicated to promoting, exploring and enriching the contemporary art scene. Galerie Lily Robert // Lily Robert is a contemporary art gallery based in Paris. Initiated in 2016, the gallery has recently […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? It is at David Leclerc Architecture. What are your roles? My role is to work on drawings and 3d representations of buildings. How long is your internship? What are you hoping to learn? 2 months. I hope to learn […]
Where is your internship? who is it for? what is the company known for? My internship is at Musée d’Orsay, it’s for predatory exhibition research. MDO is of one of the most highly visited public art museums in Paris juxtaposed by the Louvre housing mainly impressionist/post-impressionist well known french works of art What are […]
On May 17-19, 2019, the History of Design and Curatorial Studies MA presented Material Contingencies, an exhibition examining contemporary notions of “object” and “objecthood” and how they may or may not materialize. Shown as part of the 2019 Graduation Exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center, the project was developed by curator Mathilde Sauzet with […]
Parsons Paris is proud to showcase the work of its 2019 graduates at the Mona Bismarck American Center in Paris. Immersive artistic installations by Art, Media and Technology graduates will address diverse subjects including human perception, social consciousness and the relationship between nature and technology. Visitors will particularly appreciate a curatorial project on the notion of the object and materiality produced by […]
As part of its Graduation Exhibition, Parsons Paris is proud to present the “Material Contingencies” exhibition by the History of Design and Curatorial Studies department. Address: Mona Bismarck American Center, 34 Avenue de New York, 75116 Paris Hours: May 17 7pm – 11pm | May 18 12pm – midnight | May 19 12pm – 6pm The exhibition is free and open to the public. The History […]
Parsons Paris is proud to present the 2019 Parsons Paris Festival, celebrating our graduating students from all programs as well as showcasing selected class projects. MAY 14 & 16 – Fashion Studies Graduate Thesis Public Defenses MAY 15 – Parsons Paris Advisory Board Meeting – Strategic Design and Management Pitch & Network Event MAY 16 […]
Congratulations to our 2019 MA HDCS graduating students who brilliantly defended their thesis projects last week! Melany Telleen The Mona Bismarck House: Architecture, decorative arts and the construction of identity in Paris Melany came to Parsons Paris after working as an architect in Chicago. Her research interests include the furniture and interiors of the 18th […]
On Sunday, April 14th, Professor Rebecca Cavanaugh’s Redefining Modernity class spent the day in Lille, France, exploring Robert Mallet-Stevens’ architecture. The Villa Cavrois was built between 1929 and 1932 for Paul Cavrois, an industrialist from Roubaix active in the textile industry. The Villa was occupied, ultimately looted and left in a destroyed manner after the war. […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : AMT at the 2019 Graduation Exhibition May 9, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- Culture Maps in Creative Team Dynamics October 14, 2019
- Let’s talk library! October 11, 2019
- Midterms Stress Management October 10, 2019
- Join a Paris Safety + Harassment Workshop October 9, 2019
- MERDE Magazine Coming Your Way October 8, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...