On Wednesday the 23rd of October, curator Alexandre Samson came to @parsonsparis as part of a new lecture series ‘Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab’ to talk about his experiences in fashion exhibition curating. Samson discussed issues of collecting, conserving and exhibiting contemporary fashion with reference to past exhibitions he has curated at the Musee […]
Dear students, We invite you to join a Paris safety + Harassment workshop this Thursday, October 10th. If interested, you can find more information below. Have a good rest of the week! – Parsons Paris Student Government. — Have you been a target for street harassment in Paris? This workshop is a safe space to share. Don’t […]
Excited to announce this event moderated by Parsons Paris faculty Stephanie Nadalo! From the American Library website: Evenings with an Author: Emma Jacobs in conversation with Stephanie Nadalo about The Little(r) Museums of Paris October 8, 7:30-9pm American Library of Paris Please join us for a conversation with Emma Jacobs about her book, The Little(r) […]
On November 8-9, we are happy to announce that the EFHA International Conference 2019, ‘Fashion and the Politics of Heritage’ is taking place at the University of the Arts of London, organized in collaboration with Parsons Paris. Parsons Paris’s Dean of ADHT Department Rhonda Garelick is a keynote speaker. Additionally, more members of the Parsons […]
The MA Fashion Studies program presented the exhibition and conference Anatomy of the Fashion Museum at the Mona Bismarck American Center from May 17 to 19, developed with the generous support of Palais Galliera – Musée de la mode de la Ville de Paris. Anatomy of the Fashion Museum is an exhibition exploring issues of fashion museology, curated by MA Fashion […]
As part of the Parsons Paris 2019 Graduation Exhibition, May 17 to 19 at the Mona Bismarck American Center, the MA Fashion Studies department presented A Fashion of Theory. Theory has never been so fashionable in the fashion industry. While artistic director Alessandro Michele from Gucci quotes Gilles Deleuze in his press releases, Dior is employing psychoanalysis […]
From May 17 to 19, the RESEARCH FOLIOS exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center showcased the projects of the 2019 graduating MA Fashion Studies students. Visitors were invited to observe folio-posters presenting a visual archive of students’ research process mixing primary and secondary sources. In correspondence to these folios, printed, audio and film documentation are showcased documents of students’ thesis projects […]
In the 2019 Graduation Exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center, Art, Media and Technology graduates exhibited immersive artistic installations addressing diverse subjects including human perception, social consciousness and the relationship between nature and technology. Congratulations to Malique, Eman and Eliana for the beautiful, thought-provoking experiences created through their work. Malique Moore Keepin’ it Real Keepin’ […]
On May 17-19, 2019, the History of Design and Curatorial Studies MA presented Material Contingencies, an exhibition examining contemporary notions of “object” and “objecthood” and how they may or may not materialize. Shown as part of the 2019 Graduation Exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center, the project was developed by curator Mathilde Sauzet with […]
On May 15, new graduates from the Parsons Paris Strategic Design and Management program participated in the “Pitch & Network” event, hosted at the Courbet Showroom at the beautiful Place Vendôme in the very heart of Paris. In front of an audience including industry leaders, recruiters and faculty, SDM students presented their project designs in […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...