Leyla Neri, Program Director of the Fashion Design Program has contributed to a new publication by Bloomsbury entitled Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts. A book that offers new insights into the dynamic relationships between fashion, bodies, and material culture. Through a series of historical and contemporary original case studies, the book explores […]
Introduction to Textiles led by Brankica Zilovic is devoted to the study of textiles and the creative of use of fiber as a fundamental element of the fashion design process. Students develop their creativity by exploring new technological perspectives and tactile awareness to understand the theoretical and conceptual possibilities of textile art.
Pianist and musicologist Anne de Fornel involved the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology students in a performative experience based on the cutting-edge methodology and work of John Cage and Merce Cunningham. The workshop was held at the Centre National de la Dance in Pantin where the students could discover the unique creative processes […]
To celebrate 100 years of The New School and the centennial of the birth of Merce Cunningham, students from the Fashion Design and Art, Media & Technology programs took part in Musicircus. This festival, first devised by John Cage in 1967, allowed amateurs and professionals to pay homage to the composer’s work by playing a […]
Students presenting their collaborative project between the Fashion Design Program, Strategic Design & Management Program and Swarovski. In this partnership Parsons Paris and Swarovski explored ecological and social sustainability by reducing wasted resources and examining non-normative body shapes in relation to human diversity, with the aim of removing cultural barriers to empower women.
Parsons Paris Fashion Show 2019 from The New School on Vimeo. Parsons Paris presented the capsule collections of its 2019 graduating BFA Fashion Design students on May 16, 2019 at 6:30pm at Palais de Tokyo. The show was immediately preceded by an artistic performance by Parsons Paris Fashion Design juniors, the result of a collaborative design […]
Sophomore Fashion Design students were presented with their semester project: Otherness where they were urged to explore ancient China and Yves Saint Laurent as inspiration for a final capsule collection. “We were introduced to otherness, a project inspired by ancient China, Yves Saint Laurent, and the inspiration of other cultures, through black and white images of […]
Parsons Paris is proud to present the 2019 Parsons Paris Festival, celebrating our graduating students from all programs as well as showcasing selected class projects. MAY 14 & 16 – Fashion Studies Graduate Thesis Public Defenses MAY 15 – Parsons Paris Advisory Board Meeting – Strategic Design and Management Pitch & Network Event MAY 16 […]
Sophomores in Fashion Design visited L’ecole Lesage, the school founded by the haute couture embroiderer and founder of Maison Lesage, Francois Lesage. There, students learned the history of the school and the embroidery house, as well as getting first-hand training in embroidery. Students also toured the Ateliers of Maison Lesage and met with the artisans […]
Fashion Design senior thesis advisors Maurizio Galante and Tal Lancman are showing a unique collection of embroidered creations entitled Embroidered Birds. The exhibition opens today, March 29, and will run through April 21 at Mobilier National, Galerie des Gobelins (42 Avenue des Gobelins, 75013 Paris), open every day 11am-6pm except Mondays. Admission is free.
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...