Parsons Paris Fashion Show 2019 from The New School on Vimeo. Parsons Paris presented the capsule collections of its 2019 graduating BFA Fashion Design students on May 16, 2019 at 6:30pm at Palais de Tokyo. The show was immediately preceded by an artistic performance by Parsons Paris Fashion Design juniors, the result of a collaborative design […]
Sophomore Fashion Design students were presented with their semester project: Otherness where they were urged to explore ancient China and Yves Saint Laurent as inspiration for a final capsule collection. “We were introduced to otherness, a project inspired by ancient China, Yves Saint Laurent, and the inspiration of other cultures, through black and white images of […]
Parsons Paris is proud to present the 2019 Parsons Paris Festival, celebrating our graduating students from all programs as well as showcasing selected class projects. MAY 14 & 16 – Fashion Studies Graduate Thesis Public Defenses MAY 15 – Parsons Paris Advisory Board Meeting – Strategic Design and Management Pitch & Network Event MAY 16 […]
Sophomores in Fashion Design visited L’ecole Lesage, the school founded by the haute couture embroiderer and founder of Maison Lesage, Francois Lesage. There, students learned the history of the school and the embroidery house, as well as getting first-hand training in embroidery. Students also toured the Ateliers of Maison Lesage and met with the artisans […]
Fashion Design senior thesis advisors Maurizio Galante and Tal Lancman are showing a unique collection of embroidered creations entitled Embroidered Birds. The exhibition opens today, March 29, and will run through April 21 at Mobilier National, Galerie des Gobelins (42 Avenue des Gobelins, 75013 Paris), open every day 11am-6pm except Mondays. Admission is free.
Adeline André is a renowned fashion designer who developed the concept of the three-holed garment, an innovative design process that wraps the body in a piece of cloth through a series of holes to create garments freed from any additional closures. The French designer led an intensive workshop with Parsons Paris first year fashion design […]
First-year fashion design students presented their research work, called Creative Sleeves, that aimed at understanding the construction of the garment as a tool for innovative exploration concepts.
On February 27 at the Centre National de la Danse Parsons Paris Fashion Design juniors carried out a unique performance led by performing artist Violeta Sanchez. The performance featured Parsons Paris Fashion Design students: GROUP 1 LOUISE BOULET-ALIPS // FERNANDA CALDERON // QIANLI FENG // ALEXANDRA MANIOVICH GROUP 2 DEBORAH AZEVEDO // NIKLAS FERGUSON // KHANH […]
Fashion Design and Strategic Design & Management students visited the international fashion trade show Premiere Vision where fashion professionals show future trends in textiles and accessories. Students then attended a seminar by The Woolmark Company about career, innovation, and sustainability.
This post about our Parsons Paris summer program was originally published on the API blog. API is one of our preferred partners and you can learn more about them on apiabroad.com. It’s February! Which means you have just about a month left to apply to study fashion in one of the fashion capitals of the world! Class […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance August 7, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ariel Stark August 5, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Molly Apple August 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Emma Shouse July 26, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ana Sanchez July 22, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...