We are delighted to invite you to Parsons Paris 2018 MA Fashion Studies alum Rachel Fenderson’s exhibition “JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance” which celebrates the life of Jay Jaxon and his historical contributions to the Fashion Industry. This exhibition runs from August 1 – August 31, […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? My internship (which is ending next week) is at Peclers Paris. Peclers is is a trend forecasting agency that has been around since the 1970s and they work with a variety of different brands in the fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and home […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? My internship is at Tagwalk, which is a fashion tech start up coined the google of fashion. The company is known for creating a transformative platform for the fashion industry by cataloging looks by using more than 2,800 key words, users […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? I am the press assistant at Esteban Cortazar here in Paris. Esteban Cortazar is a Colombian fashion designer, and he opened his own house after working as the creative director of Emanuel Ungaro. He was the youngest person to present a […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? Alïa Foundation. Fashion Couture House and now also Foundation. What are your roles within the position? Map, control and catalogue the Alaïa’s magazine collection, creating a visual and textual documentation. How long is your internship? What are you hoping […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? I am interning with Byronesque in Paris. Byronesque acts as a marketplace for contemporary vintage fashion from subculture’s most relevant designers. Having the largest network of contemporary vintage buyers and sellers in the world allows Byronesque to play a key role […]
Where is your internship? Who is it for? What is the company known for? During Spring Semester I interned for the Association Azzedine Alaïa in the Marais in Paris. The foundation is housed alongside the Alaïa Couture House in Paris in order to preserve M. Alaïa’s couture collections. M. Alaïa himself was also a prolific […]
The MA Fashion Studies program presented the exhibition and conference Anatomy of the Fashion Museum at the Mona Bismarck American Center from May 17 to 19, developed with the generous support of Palais Galliera – Musée de la mode de la Ville de Paris. Anatomy of the Fashion Museum is an exhibition exploring issues of fashion museology, curated by MA Fashion […]
As part of the Parsons Paris 2019 Graduation Exhibition, May 17 to 19 at the Mona Bismarck American Center, the MA Fashion Studies department presented A Fashion of Theory. Theory has never been so fashionable in the fashion industry. While artistic director Alessandro Michele from Gucci quotes Gilles Deleuze in his press releases, Dior is employing psychoanalysis […]
From May 17 to 19, the RESEARCH FOLIOS exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center showcased the projects of the 2019 graduating MA Fashion Studies students. Visitors were invited to observe folio-posters presenting a visual archive of students’ research process mixing primary and secondary sources. In correspondence to these folios, printed, audio and film documentation are showcased documents of students’ thesis projects […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance August 7, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ariel Stark August 5, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Molly Apple August 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Emma Shouse July 26, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ana Sanchez July 22, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...