On Wednesday the 23rd of October, curator Alexandre Samson came to @parsonsparis as part of a new lecture series ‘Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab’ to talk about his experiences in fashion exhibition curating. Samson discussed issues of collecting, conserving and exhibiting contemporary fashion with reference to past exhibitions he has curated at the Musee […]
Caroline Marie (class of 2023) sat down for a conversation with Kandace Clifton (MA Fashion Studies class of 2020) who manages the Parsons Paris library. What are you studying at Parsons Paris and how did you come to manage the Parsons Paris library? I am an MA Fashion Studies student, in my second year. I’ve […]
This Friday, Parsons Paris student Molly Apple is launching the first issue of her magazine called MERDE. Molly is a second year graduate student enrolled in the Fashion Studies program. We decided to interview Molly to know more about MERDE and the entire process behind the creation of her work… Want your copy of MERDE Magazine? […]
On the 20th of September, the MAFS second-year class, ‘Fashion, Branding & Communication’ taught by Justin Morin went on an excursion through Paris’s 1st arrondissement, observing and looking at perfume stores. Their route started from Parsons Paris to rue Saint Honoré, students continued on Rue de Rivoli, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, looking at different windows including […]
On the 18th of September, the MAFS first year class visited ‘Première Vision’, a global textile and fashion trade show for fashion professionals, featuring 1960 exhibitors representing numerous countries. Students were able to engage and learn about the processes surrounding the textile acquisition process for designers and fashion companies whilst also getting a glimpse in to […]
On the 18th of September, Maria Tverdokhelb, founder and designer of the Ono Project came to Parsons Paris to speak with our first year ‘Business of Fashion’ class, taught by Geraldine Blanche. In this class, Maria discussed the need for sustainability within the fashion industry and how sustainability is subjective to the individual or singular business. She […]
On November 8-9, we are happy to announce that the EFHA International Conference 2019, ‘Fashion and the Politics of Heritage’ is taking place at the University of the Arts of London, organized in collaboration with Parsons Paris. Parsons Paris’s Dean of ADHT Department Rhonda Garelick is a keynote speaker. Additionally, more members of the Parsons […]
Second year grad student at the MA in Fashion Studies at Parsons Paris, Or Rosenblum is curating the first Fashion Exhibition of the World Zionist Organization alongside Shaked Arkin. Opening this Thursday in Paris, Israël à la Mode showcases the industrial and cultural fashion system in Israel and will be open in Paris from September […]
Being born in Paris and having left to Montreal at the age of 5, it was obvious for me I was never coming back here. Never once in my life, I thought I would come back to Paris. To study, to live, and to have a home; Paris was never part of my future plans. […]
We are delighted to invite you to Parsons Paris 2018 MA Fashion Studies alum Rachel Fenderson’s exhibition “JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance” which celebrates the life of Jay Jaxon and his historical contributions to the Fashion Industry. This exhibition runs from August 1 – August 31, […]
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...