Professor Emmanuel Cohen teaches six courses a year throughout each of the programs in Parsons, from First Year classes, through to History of Design and Curatorial Studies, French, he even helps out within the Advanced Research Seminar for Fashion Design Juniors. On top of all of this, Professor Cohen is co-coordinating the First Year Curriculum. […]
Professor Stephanie Nadalo is one of Parsons Paris’ professors known for teaching several classes around curation, art history and design, amongst many others. When not lecturing in a classroom to our students, Professor Nadalo takes her lectures to associations and panel discussions around the art communities of the world. In February 2019 from the 13th […]
Fashion Design senior thesis advisors Maurizio Galante and Tal Lancman are showing a unique collection of embroidered creations entitled Embroidered Birds. The exhibition opens today, March 29, and will run through April 21 at Mobilier National, Galerie des Gobelins (42 Avenue des Gobelins, 75013 Paris), open every day 11am-6pm except Mondays. Admission is free.
Professor Rebecca Cavanaugh teaches our HDCS Redefining Modernity class, which epresses modernity as a prime importance to architects, designers and decorative artists in the early decades of the 20th century, spurring the development of a number of new styles and designmovements in France and beyond. Cavanaugh focuses on lecturing on L’Art Nouveau, the “New Art” […]
Contemporary Filmmaking Practice: Talking Pictures is a new course offered by Parsons and taught under Professor Isidore Bethel. Bethel, is a French-American filmmaker whose work has screened in the Cannes Film Festival’s Official Selection, at the Museum of Modern Art (NYC), and on American public television. Most recently, Bethel was editor and production consultant on […]
This post about our Parsons Paris summer program was originally published on the API blog. API is one of our preferred partners and you can learn more about them on apiabroad.com. For some drawing students, there is no better backdrop for growing your portfolio than Paris! That’s why many budding artists apply for Parsons Paris’ prestigious […]
This post about our Parsons Paris summer program was originally published on the API blog. API is one of our preferred partners and you can learn more about them on apiabroad.com. The excitement is palpable at API headquarters! Right now, we’re receiving an onslaught of applications for the prestigious summer programs at Parsons Paris. We’ve talked about these […]
This post about our Parsons Paris summer program was originally published on the API blog. API is one of our preferred partners and you can learn more about them on apiabroad.com. Applications are filling up quickly for our summer programs with Parsons Paris – The New School! This is one of our most popular campuses for art, fashion, design […]
Alexia Fontaine has a PhD in Ethnology and History from Université Lille 3, and Université Laval à Québec. She holds a MA in Museum Studies from Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and she also completed a MA in Museum Management at Université Lille 3. A practitioner as well as a theorist, she works in the field […]
Tala AlGhamdi relocated from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to Paris to pursue her graduate studies in Fashion Studies. Naturally drawn to critical theory, Tala’s focus is on post-structuralism in the sphere of fashion and culture. She’s particularly interested in critical readings of current runway collections and how to elevate the textual level of fashion media for a […]
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- JAY JAXON: Fashion Designer, Le Couturier, Costumer | 40 Years of Fashion Design Brilliance August 7, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ariel Stark August 5, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Molly Apple August 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Emma Shouse July 26, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ana Sanchez July 22, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...