Leyla Neri, Program Director of the Fashion Design Program has contributed to a new publication by Bloomsbury entitled Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts. A book that offers new insights into the dynamic relationships between fashion, bodies, and material culture. Through a series of historical and contemporary original case studies, the book explores […]
Congrats to Art, Media and Technology instructors Sophie Cure and Aurélien Farina who have just published Graphic Design Play Book, the English version of their book Le livret d’initiation au graphisme. It’s an introduction to graphic design through games and activities (puzzles, visual challenges, etc.) based on works of designers like Otl Aicher, Paul Rand, […]
Excited to announce this event moderated by Parsons Paris faculty Stephanie Nadalo! From the American Library website: Evenings with an Author: Emma Jacobs in conversation with Stephanie Nadalo about The Little(r) Museums of Paris October 8, 7:30-9pm American Library of Paris Please join us for a conversation with Emma Jacobs about her book, The Little(r) […]
Congratulations to Claire Richard, Parsons Paris faculty member leading Advanced Research Seminar and Art of Storytelling, for winning the Prix Italia in Radio Drama, an international competition organized by RAI in Italy, with contestants from media all over the world. She was recognized for her radio drama entitled Les Chemins de Désir produced by ARTE radio […]
AMT Faculty member Mathieu Merlet-Briand is currently exhibiting his work as part of a group show in Paris. Spaced In Lost II Group show curated by Yvannoé Kruger Opening : 12 Septembre | 18h – 21h | Entrée Libre Expo : 12.09 – 03.10.2019 Galerie Charraudeau 4 rue Bonaparte 75006 Paris
AMT Faculty member Mathieu Merlet-Briand is currently exhibiting his work in a solo show in Paris. NudeSpace Opening : 12 Septembre | 18h – 22h | Entrée Libre Expo : 13 – 14 Septembre | Entrée Libre NudeSpace 3 Rue du Pas-de-la-Mule, 75004 Paris
Parsons Paris Faculty Lorraine Audric curated the Berlin/Trizac exhibition, showing from June 29 – Sept 15, 2019. With Berlin/Trizac, artist Pierre Jouve tells a personal story of historical relevance and universal resonance, based on a dichotomy between these two places: Trizac, a small village in the quiet French catholic countryside of Auvergne where nothing happens, and the […]
Professor Emmanuel Cohen teaches six courses a year throughout each of the programs in Parsons, from First Year classes, through to History of Design and Curatorial Studies, French, he even helps out within the Advanced Research Seminar for Fashion Design Juniors. On top of all of this, Professor Cohen is co-coordinating the First Year Curriculum. […]
Professor Stephanie Nadalo is one of Parsons Paris’ professors known for teaching several classes around curation, art history and design, amongst many others. When not lecturing in a classroom to our students, Professor Nadalo takes her lectures to associations and panel discussions around the art communities of the world. In February 2019 from the 13th […]
Fashion Design senior thesis advisors Maurizio Galante and Tal Lancman are showing a unique collection of embroidered creations entitled Embroidered Birds. The exhibition opens today, March 29, and will run through April 21 at Mobilier National, Galerie des Gobelins (42 Avenue des Gobelins, 75013 Paris), open every day 11am-6pm except Mondays. Admission is free.
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- In Conversation with Alexandre Samson: Fashion Curation, Archives & Heritage Lab November 18, 2019
- Fashion and Materiality: Cultural Practices in Global Contexts November 14, 2019
- Graphic Design Play Book November 14, 2019
- Top Five Workout Studios for Students in Paris November 13, 2019
- Sophomore Textile Experimentation November 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...