The Eiffel Tower. We all know the name and the formation of the structure, but many have completely overlooked the history of this worldly known monument. Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel (1832-1923) was born in Dijon to a well-off family. By 1854, he had begun building bridges for a railway industry, ultimately opening his own architectural firm years later. […]
Looking for some recommendations? When I moved to Paris in August 2018, I noted everywhere I went from attractions to meals in the first few months. While there are TONS of places to go, things to see, and foods to try, below are some of my favorites! CLASSICS EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already […]
The MA Fashion Studies program presented the exhibition and conference Anatomy of the Fashion Museum at the Mona Bismarck American Center from May 17 to 19, developed with the generous support of Palais Galliera – Musée de la mode de la Ville de Paris. Anatomy of the Fashion Museum is an exhibition exploring issues of fashion museology, curated by MA Fashion […]
As part of the Parsons Paris 2019 Graduation Exhibition, May 17 to 19 at the Mona Bismarck American Center, the MA Fashion Studies department presented A Fashion of Theory. Theory has never been so fashionable in the fashion industry. While artistic director Alessandro Michele from Gucci quotes Gilles Deleuze in his press releases, Dior is employing psychoanalysis […]
From May 17 to 19, the RESEARCH FOLIOS exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center showcased the projects of the 2019 graduating MA Fashion Studies students. Visitors were invited to observe folio-posters presenting a visual archive of students’ research process mixing primary and secondary sources. In correspondence to these folios, printed, audio and film documentation are showcased documents of students’ thesis projects […]
In the 2019 Graduation Exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center, Art, Media and Technology graduates exhibited immersive artistic installations addressing diverse subjects including human perception, social consciousness and the relationship between nature and technology. Congratulations to Malique, Eman and Eliana for the beautiful, thought-provoking experiences created through their work. Malique Moore Keepin’ it Real Keepin’ […]
On May 17-19, 2019, the History of Design and Curatorial Studies MA presented Material Contingencies, an exhibition examining contemporary notions of “object” and “objecthood” and how they may or may not materialize. Shown as part of the 2019 Graduation Exhibition at the Mona Bismarck American Center, the project was developed by curator Mathilde Sauzet with […]
On May 15, new graduates from the Parsons Paris Strategic Design and Management program participated in the “Pitch & Network” event, hosted at the Courbet Showroom at the beautiful Place Vendôme in the very heart of Paris. In front of an audience including industry leaders, recruiters and faculty, SDM students presented their project designs in […]
Parsons Paris Fashion Show 2019 from The New School on Vimeo. Parsons Paris presented the capsule collections of its 2019 graduating BFA Fashion Design students on May 16, 2019 at 6:30pm at Palais de Tokyo. The show was immediately preceded by an artistic performance by Parsons Paris Fashion Design juniors, the result of a collaborative design […]
Parsons Paris is proud to showcase the work of its 2019 graduates at the Mona Bismarck American Center in Paris. Immersive artistic installations by Art, Media and Technology graduates will address diverse subjects including human perception, social consciousness and the relationship between nature and technology. Visitors will particularly appreciate a curatorial project on the notion of the object and materiality produced by […]
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Check out that Dolce and Gabanna hoarding! July 17, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Renee Tyson Hong July 8, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Nicolette Contoursi July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Victoria Nergaard July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ruchanan Patarapanich July 1, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...