For the month of December, the Department helped students prepare for next semester. This involved many one-on-one meetings with students about the interview process, internships and career search, and their resume! We also began to look for Fashion Week opportunities for students! Please be on the lookout on Jobteaser for various internship postings! In […]
The month of November was a busy one for Career Services! We hosted many events and workshops dedicated to improving professional and interview skills for future internships/jobs! After Fall Break, we hosted a two part InDesign workshop! Hosted by Maxim Moulin, students were able to create various business cards, resumes, and presentations through this interactive […]
MA Fashion Studies Alumni: ‘How These Women Turned Creativity into Real Social Change’ by Refinery29
Congratulations to MA Fashion Studies Alumni, Clarabeth Smith who has just been published in Refinery 29 this week, in an article focusing on her work with the nonprofit Style Her Empowered (S H E). Clarabeth works with S H E to provide new school uniforms; full-tuition scholarships; and year-round training, tutoring, and support to 180 […]
This past Wednesday, we held our very first Resume Night! Two professional recruiters as well as Emily and Allison from the Student Success Team were able to provide one on one feedback to 20 students about their resume. Students were happy to show their resume (in English & French) and asked for tips for their […]
For the month of October, the Department focused on career and skills development. Virginie led special resume workshops dedicated to helping students update their resumes after their internships during PFW as well as for the next Fashion Weeks taking place in the Spring 2020! Seniors and Master 2 students met one on one with Virginie […]
During the last week of September, Paris hosted Fashion Week and many students took advantage of the many amazing internship opportunities. We were able to gather some statistics of the students’ experiences: 70 students participated in internships (Elie Saab, Alessandra Rich, Atlein, Gabriela Hearst, Jonathan Cohen, Joseph, Malone Souliers, Oscar de la Renta, TIBI, Zimmermann, […]
Yesterday, SDM seniors participated in an Internship Success Workshop hosted by Chloe. As part of the “Navigating the Field” course taught by Stephanie Daudier, this unique workshop allowed students to get great advice from HR experts, and to work in small groups to deep-dive into what they want out of internship experiences, how to best […]
Laura Zelmanowicz, BBA Strategic Design and Management class of 2020, shares her experience interning during the summer of 2019. Where did you intern? Last summer, I was honored to join Interparfums, a French prestigious perfume manufacturer and distributor, for a 3-month Marketing internship as an Assistant Product Manager for Montblanc Parfums. Created in 1982, by […]
Parsons Paris Career Services has a full menu of support and events in store for the Fall semester! Here are some highlights for the month of September: We have a brand new CAREER SERVICES GUIDE, which details the support and services provided at Parsons Paris, year by year, as well as tips and advice. Students […]
- The Eiffel Tower June 4, 2019
- Save the Date : AMT at the 2019 Graduation Exhibition May 9, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- “Research Folios” Exhibition May 25, 2019
- Parsons Paris Benefit : Inaugural fundraising gala in January 2020 January 1, 2020
- “Everyone dies, except for me” : AMT Senior Thesis presentations December 20, 2019
- Career Services: December Recap December 16, 2019
- Stepping into The Archive: Faire Dialoguer la Chaussure et sa Représentation December 12, 2019
- A French Road Trip December 12, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...